I'm not going to be able to keep this job

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can only do that shift when I'm caring for the elderly in their home because I can actually get some sleep. That shift is the worst otherwise. Right now I'm working 7pm -11pm 3 nights a week and it's depressing sitting at work knowing everyone else is cuddled up in bed. I would definitely look for something else if I were you. I think I read somewhere that depression happens more in people who work that shift.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I worked a night shift back in the day. Took about 2 weeks to regulate my sleeping pattern.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:04 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:27 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:55 pm I work through a temporary service. They did put me at a place that can go full time after 3 months. The problem Is. On the application I put I wanted first or 2nd shift. But all the offered me was a 3rd shift job. I took it because I needed a job badly. It has been a week and i can't hack 3rd shift. Plus they are working 6 nights a week. This shit is killing me. My dh works 2nd so I never see him because I am asleep when he is home. After I get off in the morning I'm calling them to see if they have another shift available because I can't do this. My sleep schedule is off. I can't get full sleep because during the day I can only sleep in short spurts like 2 hrs here and there. I know if I stay on this shift I wont last a month. I'll eventually quit.
Uh huh, then you will be moaning about being broke
She does that quite often here. This is the one who is dead broke but won't cancel netflix.
I highly doubt $15 would make much of a difference
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Dh did midnight shift for about a year after a promotion. It was horrible on him and he hated it, but he wasn't going to quit the job that paid our bills. You need to give yourself more time to adjust and I wouldn't suggest you quit the job before you find a new one.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:26 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:27 am

Uh huh, then you will be moaning about being broke
She does that quite often here. This is the one who is dead broke but won't cancel netflix.
When you're broke netflix and internet are a luxury. And yes if you are truly broke $15 makes a difference.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:18 pm

When you're broke netflix and internet are a luxury. And yes if you are truly broke $15 makes a difference.
Ok well Netflix, the multiple cell lines she pays for for her older kids, and the fact that her and her husband smoke cigarettes all combined makes a difference. I just brought up the Netflix because she made a big deal about not cutting it before.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Ok well Netflix, the multiple cell lines she pays for for her older kids, and the fact that her and her husband smoke cigarettes all combined makes a difference. I just brought up the Netflix because she made a big deal about not cutting it before.
I think you quoted the wrong person.. I was agreeing with you.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

There are only two things certain in life: death and taxes.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:18 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:12 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:05 am

Yes I do but I also need sleep to function and I can already see it wearing me down
Get some blackout curtains and earplugs and it will help. It is an adjustment, it takes a while to move your sleep schedule, but you will adjust over time. I'm not saying I think you should do it for the long run, but I wouldn't quit this job until you find another one if you need the job.
I'm sure after Christmas I'll be able to find another job.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

It takes a special kind of person to work graveyard (3rd shift).
I did it one year as a stocker in a large box type store. I hated every single night of it.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:48 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pm
I think you quoted the wrong person.. I was agreeing with you.
Oops I am sorry. I did quote the wrong person.
Locked Previous topicNext topic