I'm not going to be able to keep this job

CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I worked third shift for 15 years. It takes more than a week or two to get used to. Maybe give it a try a little while longer.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:27 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:55 pm I work through a temporary service. They did put me at a place that can go full time after 3 months. The problem Is. On the application I put I wanted first or 2nd shift. But all the offered me was a 3rd shift job. I took it because I needed a job badly. It has been a week and i can't hack 3rd shift. Plus they are working 6 nights a week. This shit is killing me. My dh works 2nd so I never see him because I am asleep when he is home. After I get off in the morning I'm calling them to see if they have another shift available because I can't do this. My sleep schedule is off. I can't get full sleep because during the day I can only sleep in short spurts like 2 hrs here and there. I know if I stay on this shift I wont last a month. I'll eventually quit.
Uh huh, then you will be moaning about being broke
She does that quite often here. This is the one who is dead broke but won't cancel netflix.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Keep working it until you find something new
I wouldn’t like 3rd shift either
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't be able to do it either. It throws my sleep way off, and then the rest of my life is offtrack. I hope they can move you to a different shift.

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:05 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:28 am Do you need the job?
Yes I do but I also need sleep to function and I can already see it wearing me down
It takes some time for your body to adjust. Also many t places that use temp services fill the undesirable shift with temps because they often don't last. First shift is where most their business is done and often people with senority fill those positions. Every place I've worked through a temp service was like this. You started out on midnights or second and eventually could be moved to days once a spot opens up and you prove you are a good fit for the company and can keep up with the fast pace of day shift. Black out curtains and a fan to block out outside noise are your friend.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

It takes awhile for the body to adjust to that shift. Are you the one who left her job because they wouldn't make you full time as promised? If so I would rethink leaving until you can find another full time job like you need.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I could never decide which shift I hated the most when I was a civilian contractor for the government...swing shift or night shift. I didn't get to see my husband when I was on those shifts and it stunk. My body hated me when I was on night shift. We would do 3 months at a time for each shift- day, swing, nights.. just when I would get regulated on night shift, they would switch me to a different one. Ugh. I hope you are able to get some rest and get a different shift.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's taking my husband a month to adjust to the new 3 a.m. to 2 p.m. schedule. but honestly unless you actually like this job I wouldn't stay either find something else but I wouldn't quit until you find something else that's stupid
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:55 pm I work through a temporary service. They did put me at a place that can go full time after 3 months. The problem Is. On the application I put I wanted first or 2nd shift. But all the offered me was a 3rd shift job. I took it because I needed a job badly. It has been a week and i can't hack 3rd shift. Plus they are working 6 nights a week. This shit is killing me. My dh works 2nd so I never see him because I am asleep when he is home. After I get off in the morning I'm calling them to see if they have another shift available because I can't do this. My sleep schedule is off. I can't get full sleep because during the day I can only sleep in short spurts like 2 hrs here and there. I know if I stay on this shift I wont last a month. I'll eventually quit.
I wouldn't quit. Yes it will be rough at first, but you need this job. I worked night shift. Took me awhile to adjust. I just made my bedroom dark as I could, and slept in split shifts.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You'll get used to it
Locked Previous topicNext topic