How the OK sign came to be used by white supremacists

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:09 pm https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/15/us/o ... power.html

I read the whole article before commenting. So now we are investigating white people for simply throwing the OK sign at a ball game?

WTF.
Only the ones who constantly look for racism in nothing.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

This makes me laugh.
Its the sign for OKAY. pure and simple OKAY.
Only complete idiots would actually believe that one group can decide to change a centuries old hand gesture for OKAY into something racist. Only complete morons would fall for this leftist attempt at accusing everyone of being a racist who flashes the okay sign.

Its the international sign for OKAY....OKAY....OKAY
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:01 pm This makes me laugh.
Only complete idiots would actually believe that one group can decide to change a centuries old hand gesture for OKAY into something racist. Only complete morons would fall for this leftist attempt at accusing everyone of being a racist who flashes the okay sign.

Have you heard about this new thing called the internet? About the new way the word "viral" is used?

But you're right. Law enforcement, the military, the Anti-Defamation League, all idiots. You know better than them.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Have you heard about this new thing called the internet? About the new way the word "viral" is used?

But you're right. Law enforcement, the military, the Anti-Defamation League, all idiots. You know better than them.
Have you heard about this thing called “manufactured outrage?”

🤷🏻‍♀️👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 876

Unread post

ROFLMAO. Pathetic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A troll says: “hey, let’s make the unhinged left believe something totally fake. Spread the word”.

Unhinged left: OMG YOU RACISTS!

Everyone else: HAHA fooled you it’s totally fake.

Unhinged left: WE JUST MADE IT REAL. RACISTS!!!
KAG
Mean Girl
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:09 pm https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/15/us/o ... power.html

I read the whole article before commenting. So now we are investigating white people for simply throwing the OK sign at a ball game?

WTF.
I was thinking wtf while reading the whole article. Thank you for providing a link btw. I’m a bit flabbergasted that the response is to empower these hate groups.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:17 pm

WTF.
I was thinking wtf while reading the whole article. Thank you for providing a link btw. I’m a bit flabbergasted that the response is to empower these hate groups.
It’s really quite simple. The more fake outrage they can get the most ignorant of their base riled up about, the angrier and more unhinged they get as time goes on. (Case in point - ANTIFA)
Let’s not forget… There’s only one goal. One. And that is to remove President Trump and the GOP. They will manufacture any lie, they will cheat in every way, and they will do anything to achieve that goal. Even if it means creating more hate.
KAG
Mean Girl
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:52 pm
Lemons wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Have you heard about this thing called “manufactured outrage?”

🤷🏻‍♀️👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾
But in recent years, it (the OK sign) has also been appropriated for a more malign purpose — to signify “white power.” The gesture has become an extremist meme, according to the Anti-Defamation League.
OK, put the emojis down, you're looking like the person that you always criticize.

So are you claiming the Anti-Defamation League are all a bunch of idiots, who even though this is their line of work, even though they have been doing this forever, that they got this wrong? The FBI who also has a job to investigate hate groups (on the left and right), they are wrong? That the sign has not been appropriated?
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:35 pm
water<wine wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:00 pm lol, the proud boys arent a "white nationalist" group. I am not even some fan of theirs but this lie is constantly repeated and just proves to me that the MSM does no independent research. their sources are other biased "journalists" instead of the original source (proud boys). they say it on their main page that all races are welcome, they have members of all races and the founder isnt even married to a white woman and has biracial children. He has explicitly stated he is not a white nationalist.

btw, the 4chan hoax included convincing dumb asses that the O and K meant W, P for white power. that's the joke.
Proud Boys are white nationalists. Racists make exceptions for themselves all the time. They can write anything they want on their websites, they are being judged on their actions.

It’s kind of funny idiots at 4chan would come up with this and their fellow racists are like, hey! That’s actually a cool idea. We’ll take it. A lot of them now are quite open about it.
ok- WHAT ACTIONS? Anyone can make up any accusation based on your standards. the burden is on those making the accusations to support them.

again, which racists are using it? the new Zealand shooter flashed it to TROLL THE MEDIA. the same reason he said Candace Owens influenced him (shes black) and pew de pie, the most popular youtuber. Even evil killers like to f**k with people/play games for entertainment.

4chan trolls think its funny that all they have to do it start a rumor that something innocent is racist and hysterical activists will eat it up. they are controlling you for laughs and as a political strategy and you fall for it. the goal is to demonstrate how absurd the left's behavior is and its working.

So long as the left reacts to it, people will keep on using the ok sign to mess with you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic