How the OK sign came to be used by white supremacists

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:50 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:41 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:50 pm

People do it in pictures too. I think they were trying to be funny. It wasn’t something racist just dumb.

Fun game
Do you know why he did that? to help perpetuate the hoax. He had multiple trolling references in his manifesto too. including saying candace owens inspired him. He said it because he knew the media would report on it seriously.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-zeala ... esto-video
What's the hoax? That he wasn't racist? I'm sure he knew how to manipulate the media, its not hard. Did he choose to shoot up 2 mosques as some sort of social experiment? Not sure what you are saying here.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Lemons and Jessilin, I want you to think about a hypothetical situation here. if 4chan trolls decided to declare the rainbow flag a symbol for white supremacy tomorrow JUST TO SEE IF YOU WOULD BE GULLIBLE ENOUGH TO ACCEPT IT, would you feed into their narrative- and hysterically accuse anyone of displaying it as being racist? empowering them and their ability to control you? or would you ignore it and continue to use it as an LGBT symbol?
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:05 pm
water<wine wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:50 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Fun game
Do you know why he did that? to help perpetuate the hoax. He had multiple trolling references in his manifesto too. including saying candace owens inspired him. He said it because he knew the media would report on it seriously.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-zeala ... esto-video
What's the hoax? That he wasn't racist? I'm sure he knew how to manipulate the media, its not hard. Did he choose to shoot up 2 mosques as some sort of social experiment? Not sure what you are saying here.
No, he was racist. the hoax in his case was about controlling the narrative through disinformation, obvious trolling in order to discredit society's authority figures and make people question mainstream narratives. make them more open to accepting HIS worldview.
Locked Previous topicNext topic