Im choosing between my minor children and adult child

CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:04 pm
sheramom4 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:31 pm

Having a changing family changes things.
And still no answers...did you invite them anyway? Make plans to celebrate another day? Send gifts to the baby? How often have you actually seen the baby? Have you shown any real interest in being a grandmother? You complain that your DIL has asked for a break and you just "can't" help her with that but be honest with yourself...you don't want to see them for Christmas or help. You don't want to be a grandmother. You seem fine with never seeing your grandchild again so just make the break but don't make it DIL's fault. Yes, she shouldn't have reacted like that but you didn't help matters either. Basically, own it. Own your own actions.
Oh such a know ot all. I have seen the baby plenty. I took vcation to help her out after her C-section. I've kept the baby overnight at least 5 times until she decided she didn't want the baby going here to there all weekend during flu season. Once again completely understandable. But I can't go out of town and babysit for them when my other children have other commitments. Its just a fact of life due to travel distance and me still having minor children at home. Their needs and wants come first its just a reality she will have to accept
You have had an 8 week old baby five times overnight? LMAO. See, your post almost made sense until just then. Mom had a c-section which means she is barely to the point where she can travel. So let's say she has been comfortable travelling for 4 weeks. But during that time she also decided not to travel during cold and flu season. So you had the baby five times in a week or two? And overnight? While working and taking your other kids to all of their activities? And during that time you took vacation to help her out. But a few comments ago you commented that she is upset that you aren't the grandma she wanted for her child and on the first page said that it was their loss if they choose not to be in contact with you.
My sister had her grandson overnight at 10 days old. Some people are like that.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:43 pm If that is a truthful sentiment, that's sad.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:36 pm
stilltfez wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:01 pm I'm so sorry you're having to go through this this Christmas, I hope your son understands even though his wife doesn't. I hope they don't cut you out of your grandbaby's life for it.
If they do it would be their own loss. Not mine
Aren't there a few on here who complain about having narcissistic parents?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 13

Unread post

And still no answers...did you invite them anyway? Make plans to celebrate another day? Send gifts to the baby? How often have you actually seen the baby? Have you shown any real interest in being a grandmother? You complain that your DIL has asked for a break and you just "can't" help her with that but be honest with yourself...you don't want to see them for Christmas or help. You don't want to be a grandmother. You seem fine with never seeing your grandchild again so just make the break but don't make it DIL's fault. Yes, she shouldn't have reacted like that but you didn't help matters either. Basically, own it. Own your own actions.
Oh such a know ot all. I have seen the baby plenty. I took vcation to help her out after her C-section. I've kept the baby overnight at least 5 times until she decided she didn't want the baby going here to there all weekend during flu season. Once again completely understandable. But I can't go out of town and babysit for them when my other children have other commitments. Its just a fact of life due to travel distance and me still having minor children at home. Their needs and wants come first its just a reality she will have to accept
You have had an 8 week old baby five times overnight? LMAO. See, your post almost made sense until just then. Mom had a c-section which means she is barely to the point where she can travel. So let's say she has been comfortable travelling for 4 weeks. But during that time she also decided not to travel during cold and flu season. So you had the baby five times in a week or two? And overnight? While working and taking your other kids to all of their activities? And during that time you took vacation to help her out. But a few comments ago you commented that she is upset that you aren't the grandma she wanted for her child and on the first page said that it was their loss if they choose not to be in contact with you.
You always make yourself look like such a fool. I had my grandkids many times overnight at that age and yes you can travel after a C-section.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What did you say when they said they weren’t coming. Did you say “that’s too bad we’ll all miss you so much. Maybe you can video chat” why did she think you were coming to them?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:42 am What did you say when they said they weren’t coming. Did you say “that’s too bad we’ll all miss you so much. Maybe you can video chat” why did she think you were coming to them?
I said I'm sorry to hear that but I definitely don't blame you guys and we will plan to get together after the New Year and gave her the tracking info for the gifts. Done and Done.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:42 am What did you say when they said they weren’t coming. Did you say “that’s too bad we’ll all miss you so much. Maybe you can video chat” why did she think you were coming to them?
I said I'm sorry to hear that but I definitely don't blame you guys and we will plan to get together after the New Year and gave her the tracking info for the gifts. Done and Done.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:03 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:43 pm If that is a truthful sentiment, that's sad.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:36 pm

If they do it would be their own loss. Not mine
How is takimg care of my own family at our home being narcissistic?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lord....Did you miss the part where I took vacation to help her out
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Real life people don't behave this way.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:42 am
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:03 am

How is takimg care of my own family at our home being narcissistic?
"Their loss not mine" - seems narcissistic. It's also pretty much a 5th grade response. Not what I'd expect from someone with adult children and a grand child.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic