Marijuana linked to psychosis, schizophrenia

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:48 am
GMa4all wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:36 am
29again wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:52 pm

So, juul pulling their products so that the adults who want to quit can't get them and thereby continue to smoke combustible cigarettes is OK with you? You don't mind people smoking, and you don't care if they can't get the product they need to help them quit. Got it!
Don’t put words in my mouth.
I have no opinion on what other people do .
But I quit smoking in 2003 without any help- I just stopped. Cold turkey as they say. It can be done very easily.
I think you need a break - you sound deranged.
Why do you think that everyone is the same as you and every persons body and mind reacts the same way? I was also able to quit smoking with out using anything. It was not easy and 12 years later I still get cravings even though the smell makes me ill. I have friends that have tried to quit using nothing and watched them get physically ill from withdrawals, shaking, puking, sweats, the whole 9 yards. It blows my mind that people in this day and age think that everyone is exactly the same and reacts the same way. Pathetic.
Now YOU are also putting words in my mouth!
This must be a technique used by trolls to start big fights and pretend you’re superior to everyone.
I’m not participating.
Bye...
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:07 am

But I quit smoking in 2003 without any help- I just stopped. Cold turkey as they say. It can be done very easily.
Why do you think that everyone is the same as you and every persons body and mind reacts the same way? I was also able to quit smoking with out using anything. It was not easy and 12 years later I still get cravings even though the smell makes me ill. I have friends that have tried to quit using nothing and watched them get physically ill from withdrawals, shaking, puking, sweats, the whole 9 yards. It blows my mind that people in this day and age think that everyone is exactly the same and reacts the same way. Pathetic.
This must be a technique used by trolls to start big fights and pretend you’re superior to everyone.
I’m not participating.
Bye...
If I miss understood what you said I apologize but I would love to know what other way I should take the highlighted statement.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:12 am

I’m not participating.
Bye...
If I miss understood what you said I apologize but I would love to know what other way I should take the highlighted statement.
Going cold turkey means you’ll have a week or two of “ withdrawal “ but if you’re patient and realize the withdrawals won’t last forever, you can do it. I was very sleepy for a week or two due to the lack of nicotine which is a stimulant. But after reading about the side effects of the medications for quitting smoking , I rejected them.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:23 am
I’m not participating.
Bye...
Going cold turkey means you’ll have a week or two of “ withdrawal “ but if you’re patient and realize the withdrawals won’t last forever, you can do it. I was very sleepy for a week or two due to the lack of nicotine which is a stimulant. But after reading about the side effects of the medications for quitting smoking , I rejected them.
And there are a lot of people whose bodies can not physically handle going cold turkey. If they want to quit they need the help to quit. Do you think you could have went a few weeks puking, shaking, having seizures, sweats and keep going with your life instead of just being a little sleepy? Most people can't put their life on hold for that. I quit when I got pregnant, it was easier for me, I didn't have major symptoms and was already ill from morning sickness. There are lots and lots of people however that have much more serious symptoms and need the medication to help them. You and I were lucky. There are a lot of people who are not.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:39 am
GMa4all wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:23 am

And there are a lot of people whose bodies can not physically handle going cold turkey. If they want to quit they need the help to quit. Do you think you could have went a few weeks puking, shaking, having seizures, sweats and keep going with your life instead of just being a little sleepy? Most people can't put their life on hold for that. I quit when I got pregnant, it was easier for me, I didn't have major symptoms and was already ill from morning sickness. There are lots and lots of people however that have much more serious symptoms and need the medication to help them. You and I were lucky. There are a lot of people who are not.
I’m sorry but if someine suffers shaking and seizures after they quit smoking there is a major health issue there , unrelated to quitting smoking
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:56 am Marijuana is a psychoactive drug, and should be treated as such. It can have beneficial effects, such as pain relief, but just like other drugs it has side effects. I have no problem with people using marijuana recreationally or medicinally...they just need to be aware of the potential side effects.
This. I'm really not surprised since a side effect of marijuana is paranoia or at least it was for me. I read what my blood pressure medication does ffs or what adhd meds do. Why wouldn't one do that for medical marijuana? Look what long term alcohol abuse can do and that's legal. It's just a fact we have to be aware of.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:52 pm
GMa4all wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:21 am https://time.com/5733647/new-york-sues-juul/
Juul being sued by several states.
Excellent.
So, juul pulling their products so that the adults who want to quit can't get them and thereby continue to smoke combustible cigarettes is OK with you? You don't mind people smoking, and you don't care if they can't get the product they need to help them quit. Got it!
Projecting again???

YOU quit your way. Most can't do it that way. Some are lucky and they are successful going cold turkey. I talk to smokers all day long, every day. They are my customers, and quitting smoking is one of the hardest things to do in your life. And let me tell you that even WITH help, there are some who still cannot quit. I have customers with oxygen who still smoke. I have customers with cancer who still smoke. I have customers tracheotomies who still smoke. Most of the ones who HAVE quit, have usually done it with the help of vaping. Many use a no-nicotine juice, because they don't want the nicotine, but that hand-to-mouth habit is really hard to break. Please, do NOT tell me how easy it is to quit smoking simply because you managed to do so. You simply have NO CLUE how hard it is for some people, and you really don't know what you're talking about.

Now to address the rest of this conversation -- you said that it was "excellent" that juul is being sued. Juul being sued has resulted in the removal of at least 5 flavors being pulled from the market. That means people who use juul to quit have fewer options. So, they are not quitting. How is that good? Do you even understand WHY people choose to vape to help quit smoking, and why they desire a fruit/dessert flavor rather than a tobacco flavor to quit? The selective outrage over teen vaping (as if teens have never rebelled and done something they aren't "old enough" to do has never ever before happened!) is showing that the government really doesn't want people to quit. They WANT people to continue to smoke combustible cigarettes. The people that do smoke are the biggest damn cash cow the government has ever had. It really sounds to me like you are in favor of no smoking cessation aids being available for adults who wish to quit, but need help. And that is a really lousy attitude to have.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My ex went into a drug induced psychosis and when they did the tests all they could find in his system was marijuana. Now, that being said he was predisposed to schizophrenia, it runs in his family. The weed just helped things along. He's usually fine until he starts smoking again. You can tell when he is because he starts spiraling out of control again and typically ends up in the mental health center shortly after. Unfortunately, he's been in an out constantly over the last decade.
I smoke it and I haven't had any issues, I buy mine from the government website because I don't have anyone to buy it from that I'd trust.
Locked Previous topicNext topic