Marijuana linked to psychosis, schizophrenia

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

just living can link those things to a person
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:52 pm
GMa4all wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:21 am https://time.com/5733647/new-york-sues-juul/
Juul being sued by several states.
Excellent.
So, juul pulling their products so that the adults who want to quit can't get them and thereby continue to smoke combustible cigarettes is OK with you? You don't mind people smoking, and you don't care if they can't get the product they need to help them quit. Got it!
Don’t put words in my mouth.
I have no opinion on what other people do .
But I quit smoking in 2003 without any help- I just stopped. Cold turkey as they say. It can be done very easily.
I think you need a break - you sound deranged.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:36 am
GMa4all wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:21 am https://time.com/5733647/new-york-sues-juul/
Excellent.
So, juul pulling their products so that the adults who want to quit can't get them and thereby continue to smoke combustible cigarettes is OK with you? You don't mind people smoking, and you don't care if they can't get the product they need to help them quit. Got it!
But I quit smoking in 2003 without any help- I just stopped. Cold turkey as they say. It can be done very easily.
I think you need I break - you sound deranged.
In what way does she sound "deranged"?
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:59 am

So you didn’t read the words she was putting in my mouth?
🙄
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Please. No drug is good for anything that ails you. Anyone who thinks that is just plain stupid. However, again, as for any drug, the potential benefits must be weighed against potential side effects. Now as for this, the article I read mentioned high potency marijuana specifically. It's also questionable as to the actual contents of what these people are using-that is, were there additives which were the actual cause of harm or not? That has yet to be determined. And were these people adding THC to regular nicotine containing tobacco products? How can they be sure if it's not the nicotine product that is causing the harm?

It's also hard to really get definitive information on marijuana in a controlled experiment since the U.S. government grows what experimenters should use and for many years has refused to supply it to many scientific researchers.

Basically, it's best to stay away from things like Juul anyway. It's also true that high potency THC marijuana has been used for a really long time without such side effects being reported but again, scientific tests need to be done.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:33 am

🙄
That doesn't answer my question.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:42 am Please. No drug is good for anything that ails you. Anyone who thinks that is just plain stupid. However, again, as for any drug, the potential benefits must be weighed against potential side effects. Now as for this, the article I read mentioned high potency marijuana specifically. It's also questionable as to the actual contents of what these people are using-that is, were there additives which were the actual cause of harm or not? That has yet to be determined. And were these people adding THC to regular nicotine containing tobacco products? How can they be sure if it's not the nicotine product that is causing the harm?

It's also hard to really get definitive information on marijuana in a controlled experiment since the U.S. government grows what experimenters should use and for many years has refused to supply it to many scientific researchers.

Basically, it's best to stay away from things like Juul anyway. It's also true that high potency THC marijuana has been used for a really long time without such side effects being reported but again, scientific tests need to be done.
Actually, yes, it has been determined.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:57 am
GMa4all wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:33 am

🙄
That doesn't answer my question.
It should!
🤣
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Excellent.
I think you need a break - you sound deranged.
Why do you think that everyone is the same as you and every persons body and mind reacts the same way? I was also able to quit smoking with out using anything. It was not easy and 12 years later I still get cravings even though the smell makes me ill. I have friends that have tried to quit using nothing and watched them get physically ill from withdrawals, shaking, puking, sweats, the whole 9 yards. It blows my mind that people in this day and age think that everyone is exactly the same and reacts the same way. Pathetic.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Marijuana is a psychoactive drug, and should be treated as such. It can have beneficial effects, such as pain relief, but just like other drugs it has side effects. I have no problem with people using marijuana recreationally or medicinally...they just need to be aware of the potential side effects.
Locked Previous topicNext topic