Vegan pot luck

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:19 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:03 am I've made a yummy vegan pot pie
How do you make a vegan crust? Vegans can't have butter or lard, right?
Vegetable shortening aka Crisco. Growing up that’s what my mom made her biscuits with. It’s technically vegan, though maybe not the healthiest of options. It makes a great substitute for butter and lard in baking.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:06 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:02 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:58 am

The point of a pot luck is to make food you like and then pick what else you want to eat.
So you don't eat pasta, fruit, desserts, vegetables?
Where did I say that? I'm not going to make a dish I don't like and bring it to a potluck. I make the same two things every time and they aren't vegan.
There is nothing that you like that doesn't have animal products in it?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:19 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:03 am I've made a yummy vegan pot pie
How do you make a vegan crust? Vegans can't have butter or lard, right?
Good ole unhealthy Crisco aka hydrogenated vegetable oil full of trans fats.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I don’t don’t animals product substitutes. For a potluck I usually make a chicken pot pie, Buffalo chicken dip, or a yummy dessert that usually has eggs and butter in it. I wouldn’t know what to do vegan except a fruit or veggie tray.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I wouldn't go.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

We often throw theme parties. For example, we might have Mexican Food Night. Assuming those two items that you typically bring are not Mexican food dishes, would you not come to my Mexican Food Night because you only ever make those two dishes that you were referring to? Not meaning to be snarky. Just curious.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:06 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:02 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:58 am

The point of a pot luck is to make food you like and then pick what else you want to eat.
So you don't eat pasta, fruit, desserts, vegetables?
Where did I say that? I'm not going to make a dish I don't like and bring it to a potluck. I make the same two things every time and they aren't vegan.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I'd probably bring a black bean and corn salad or a fruit salad.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thank you all for your ideas. I did end up just going to Whole Foods and buying a couple of pies (that were marked vegan).

As for WHY it has to be vegan, The owners of the school are vegan and a lot of the members are also, they are hosting it and that's what they requested vegan (no animal products), do we HAVE to go no we don't, does DS really want to go yes, so I have to get a vegan dish.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

GOOGLE
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:26 am
That'swhatshesaid wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:08 am
Anonymsous 2 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:31 pm I wouldn't participate in that kind of a potlock.
Neither would I. Why does it have to be vegan?
😂 let me guess, you’re obese and consider potatoes and corn vegetables.

I'm slightly below 5'10 and weigh 133 pounds. A vegan potluck does not appeal to me either.
Locked Previous topicNext topic