I can’t bring myself to care even a little.....

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I really don’t care if I spend equal amounts of money or have similar numbers of gifts for my kids. I also don’t spend a set amount on others that we buy for. I find gifts that I think people will like, and that’s what I get. I really don’t care if I end up spending $400 on my MIL and $50 on my brother, or vice versa.

Do others shop like this, or do most of you try to spend pretty equally?

Separately, I’m also annoyed that the only guidance people will give me for my teenage nieces is cash or gift cards. That’s just not inline with my idea of the spirit of gift giving and I would never allow my children to just ask for money.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t try to spend equally on my kids
But the older nieces and nephews get $$ the same amount
The younger ones, I just buy what I think they’ll like (all within my budget)
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t try to spend equally, but for my kids I do try to keep the number of presents the same.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I try to get my kids about the same number of gifts. As for others, I only buy for them if I see something I think they would like.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Gift cards is what my teens want. If you don't want to know don't ask. The rest I agree with.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Things are different once you get to those teenage years. GC are a good suggestion. Teenagers either want something really simple or really expensive. I personally would not allow my kids to ask for an expensive gift like a X Box, PS4 etc etc..
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

At a certain age, gift cards and cash or gift certs. are the perfect gift. Teens like to choose their own everythings.
I don't try to equal but I don't skimp on one and go over the top for another.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I buy my kids and equal number of gifts. They are getting older so I'll include a gift card or some cash this year. I don't have the hang ups about cards or cash that some do. It's perfectly normal to get to an age where they want to buy things they will like.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree to an extent. I don't worry about how much I'm spending for my kids. I do however make sure they have the same amount of gifts to open. One year I had less items for my middle son and got him some pudding cups to open. He loved them and the other two were mad they didn't get pudding either. The amount of gift cards people want annoy me or when they only want gift cards but my Oldest loves to read but is very picky about his books so it's usually a better bet getting him barnes and Nobel gift cards and that is one of his favorites.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We do an equal number of gifts- want, need, wear, read, PJs on CE and a stocking. We also set a cap for the person we draw in the family of $75. That was agreed upon by everyone in the drawing. I spent $50 on my niece and she got 2 gift cards so she can go buy the makeup she wants. That is what she wanted. It is much harder to buy for older teens when you don't live with them all the time. There is no way I'd allow my teen to ask for scuba gear or something like that as it is super expensive.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic