Cyberbullying crusader Melania Trump silent on her husband's mocking of 16-year-old Thunberg

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Exactly!
I do pity her because I think she never wanted to be in this position of being FLOTUS, but tough, that’s what she is now. So maybe it was dumb of her to choose that platform when she’s married to the biggest bully on earth. I don’t know what platform she could’ve taken, though... certainly not the environment. Or following on Michelle’s healthy eating habits thing. Gee... I can’t think of a single worthy cause to support when Trump is your husband and you have to stand by him.., 🤷🏼‍♀️
Francee89 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:57 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:53 pm Idk, I think it puts her in a bad position. I wouldn’t publicly criticize or reprimand my Dh in public, I wouldn’t want to humiliate my Dh like that. But you can sure bet I’d be giving him an earful behind closed doors. I’d probably be even more upset if I were her because he’s disrespecting her and her cause publicly.
She put herself in a bad position by making cyber bullying part of her public platform while married to a cyber bully. If she’s unwilling to address and condemn the cyber bullying that originates from her own home, then she should either shut up about it or grow a spine and address it even if it means her husband might be embarrassed.

Being an active participant and the public face in a cause against something doesn’t only come when it’s convenient and comfortable if the person is sincere about it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:53 pm Idk, I think it puts her in a bad position. I wouldn’t publicly criticize or reprimand my Dh in public, I wouldn’t want to humiliate my Dh like that. But you can sure bet I’d be giving him an earful behind closed doors. I’d probably be even more upset if I were her because he’s disrespecting her and her cause publicly.
Actually, you’re right. I didn’t consider that. I would understand her not wanting to publicly criticize him.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She put herself in a bad position by making cyber bullying part of her public platform while married to a cyber bully. If she’s unwilling to address and condemn the cyber bullying that originates from her own home, then she should either shut up about it or grow a spine and address it even if it means her husband might be embarrassed.

Being an active participant and the public face in a cause against something doesn’t only come when it’s convenient and comfortable if the person is sincere about it.
Maybe so, but one can not expect others to learn understanding and compassion, when one is unwilling to give it. It’s often through our compassion and understanding in which our passionate convictions grow.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Maybe so, but one can not expect others to learn understanding and compassion, when one is unwilling to give it. It’s often through our compassion and understanding in which our passionate convictions grow.
Are you referring to Melania needing to give her 73 year old husband “understanding and compassion” when he mocks a teenager? Or are you saying something else? If she was sincerely compassionate and understanding of the problems associated with cyber bullying enough to make it a focus of her #BeBest campaign, speaking out against bullying no matter who the source of it is would seem like something that would be a natural thing to do. And if she feels she can’t because she’s married to a cyber bully, then it makes her look like a massive hypocrite who doesn’t actually care about what she claims to.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Are you referring to Melania needing to give her 73 year old husband “understanding and compassion” when he mocks a teenager? Or are you saying something else? If she was sincerely compassionate and understanding of the problems associated with cyber bullying enough to make it a focus of her #BeBest campaign, speaking out against bullying no matter who the source of it is would seem like something that would be a natural thing to do. And if she feels she can’t because she’s married to a cyber bully, then it makes her look like a massive hypocrite who doesn’t actually care about what she claims to.
I was referring to my response about her and why I responded as I did. Nothing more, nothing less.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:21 pm
Francee89 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:57 pm

I was referring to my response about her and why I responded as I did. Nothing more, nothing less.
Interesting. I understand and have compassion for the fact that it wouldn’t be easy or fun to call out your husband even though it’s the right thing to do, but she freely chose to create this situation for herself knowing this was the likely, but very character-revealing, outcome.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I don't believe that the First Lady is under any political or social requirement to admonish her husband publicly and that she hasn't done so publicly doesn't mean she hasn't done so privately.

As for Trump's tweet directed at Miss Thunberg, I am curious....if we are to applaud a 16-year old essentially giving the world a verbal spanking and telling the grown-ups off for their lack of caring that they've (in her sentiments) "stolen her childhood," are the adults to remain quiet and not say anything in retort?

I read his tweet and of course the media has covered it extensively. It was gruff, condescending, and in response to her doing exactly what I wrote above.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:31 pm I don't believe that the First Lady is under any political or social requirement to admonish her husband publicly and that she hasn't done so publicly doesn't mean she hasn't done so privately.

As for Trump's tweet directed at Miss Thunberg, I am curious....if we are to applaud a 16-year old essentially giving the world a verbal spanking and telling the grown-ups off for their lack of caring that they've (in her sentiments) "stolen her childhood," are the adults to remain quiet and not say anything in retort?

I read his tweet and of course the media has covered it extensively. It was gruff, condescending, and in response to her doing exactly what I wrote above.
If she’s going to present herself to the world as an opponent of the cyber bullying of children, then it undermines her credibility when she stays silent about her own husband doing it. No one forced her to pick that as a cause, knowing it would put her in the position of looking like a lukewarm spokesperson who’ll only speak out when it’s convenient and easy when she stays silent while her husband inevitably does things like this. It turns the worthy messages of her campaign into a joke - a quick perusal of Twitter will show you countless young people using #BeBest as a punchline because of this.

The adults can absolutely engage her in debate. There’s simply no need to mock or insult her personally. Children don’t deserve to be bullied by adults simply for being passionate activists.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:39 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:31 pm I don't believe that the First Lady is under any political or social requirement to admonish her husband publicly and that she hasn't done so publicly doesn't mean she hasn't done so privately.

If she’s going to present herself to the world as an opponent of the cyber bullying of children, then it undermines her credibility when she stays silent about her own husband doing it. No one forced her to pick that as a cause, knowing it would put her in the position of looking like a lukewarm spokesperson who’ll only speak out when it’s convenient and easy when she stays silent while her husband inevitably does things like this. It turns the worthy messages of her campaign into a joke - a quick perusal of Twitter will show you countless young people using #BeBest as a punchline because of this.

The adults can absolutely engage her in debate. There’s simply no need to mock or insult her personally. Children don’t deserve to be bullied by adults simply for being passionate activists.
It was a big mistake for Melania to adopt #BeBest as her crusade. I’m sure she knew for years that her husband was a bully so... why?
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:39 pm

How would you like the First Lady to handle this with her husband, the POTUS? Bring him to a podium in the Rose Garden and dress him down, doing so in all the languages she is said to be able to speak?

I don't see his tweet(s) directed at her as actual bullying. Sorry.
Locked Previous topicNext topic