Ladies who like to give gift help - books & puzzles.

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm shopping for a 15 year old niece and a 17yo nephew. I asked my SIL for some suggestions.

She said my niece loves, loves, loves reading (and yeah, she pretty much always has). I guess her preferred genre is young adult sci fi. One book her mom gave me a suggestion for is "The Raven Boys" by Maggie Stiefvater.
What else would be good for a 15yo in this genre?

My nephew has always been into space and science and likes doing puzzles. So I'm looking for something along those lines as well.

We are not a big reading family so I feel lost on the books especially. I appreciate any suggestions you have to offer.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Does she have a kindle? If she does, then an amazon card would be easy peasy. We get a catalog called Bits and Pieces that has puzzles, brainteasers, etc. It's an online company. Puzzle Warehouse has a lot of puzzles to pick from.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I concur with a gift card for books. I know it's not as fun to unwrap, but unless it's a collection thing, it can be super hard to know what to buy. One weird idea, my DH asks me every year, what my absolute favorite book was, for the year, he then gets on Ebay, buys a signed, hard backed copy for me keep. As they are typically newer authors, they are not that pricey (I think, maybe, I don't know, for sure, but I don't see him spending on 100's on that).

As far as puzzles, we like dog pile, kanoodle, Set, if you google those on Amazon, you will see similar products you can browse through, as those are really common, he might already have them...but that will give you a ton of other options.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Since both puzzles and books can be purchased at Barnes and Noble, I'd purchase both of them B&N gift cards. Or buy an EBAY gift certificate for both of them. They'll get more for their money there.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you go to Barnes & Noble, they have books by age and group. You might find something there.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:17 am I'm shopping for a 15 year old niece and a 17yo nephew. I asked my SIL for some suggestions.

She said my niece loves, loves, loves reading (and yeah, she pretty much always has). I guess her preferred genre is young adult sci fi. One book her mom gave me a suggestion for is "The Raven Boys" by Maggie Stiefvater.
What else would be good for a 15yo in this genre?

My nephew has always been into space and science and likes doing puzzles. So I'm looking for something along those lines as well.

We are not a big reading family so I feel lost on the books especially. I appreciate any suggestions you have to offer.
Locked Previous topicNext topic