Being a teen mom was the best thing that happened to me

Anonymous 8

Unread post

I'm glad that you got out of the hell hole you were in and that since you did, you were able to move from a depressed state to one filled with happiness. HUG.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 pm I know most people shame teen moms, but I just wanted to point out that circumstances are sometimes different. In my situation, it made my life so much better. I had a terrible home life. I never met my dad, and my mom was a drug addict who was always sleeping at boyfriends' homes and leaving me to fend for myself. I was severely depressed and had no treatment, and I felt most days like I didn't want to continue. Then I got pregnant, and I thought how much worse can my life keep getting, but having my daughter changed my life completely.

She gave me a reason to live and a reason to be responsible. I wanted to be the best mom I could for her, so I got my high school diploma and then went to college to get an Associate's degree. We are doing very well now, and I just think sometimes what might've happened if I didn't have her. It just got me thinking when I read the post about whether you'd want to go back in time and still have kids. It scares me to think where I'd be without her.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:23 pm Children should not be born to be your emotional reasons. That’s sad.
Your sad comment reminds me of one of my favorite motivational quotes:

"I don't believe all things happen for a reason. But I do believe in finding meaning in everything that happens."
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It just sounds like such pressure to put on a child - to be your reason to live. I know even as an adult, I don't want to be someone else's reason to live. That's too much to put on someone else. If you can't find a reason to live within yourself, then you need to seek therapy to find it before you bring others into your situation.

I know it's too late for you and it appears that it worked out well for you (and hopefully equally well for your daughter), but I would never advocate anyone doing it the way you did it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:36 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:23 pm Children should not be born to be your emotional reasons. That’s sad.

"I don't believe all things happen for a reason. But I do believe in finding meaning in everything that happens."
I actually like this as an alternative quote to a different one you hear a lot. I hate the quote "God doesn't give you more than you can handle." But I do think that if we have the right strength and support around us, we can find a way to handle anything that comes our way.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:08 am

I actually like this as an alternative quote to a different one you hear a lot. I hate the quote "God doesn't give you more than you can handle." But I do think that if we have the right strength and support around us, we can find a way to handle anything that comes our way.
Me too, I HATE that quote you refer to, ugh, just hate it...but the quote I posted, has provided me guidance and strength during difficult times.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had my son at 17, I wouldn't recommend it. I feel like I was pretty lucky with how things turned out, but it would have been easier without a baby.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Teen pregnancy is sad and is nothing to glorify. This woman is nothing but an exception to the many that fail themselves and their children. Shame on anyone saying it’s okay!
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:28 pm

Teen pregnancy is sad and is nothing to glorify. This woman is nothing but an exception to the many that fail themselves and their children. Shame on anyone saying it’s okay!
Some people are perfectly ready as teens so no it's not sad.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:28 pm

My statement glorifies nothing. I think shaming people is also a failure *shrugs*
Locked Previous topicNext topic