People suck update

Anonymous 1

I just finished participating in a 6 hr search party for a missing elderly gentlemen who is diabetic and missing since this morning. Only 8 people showed up. 2 were his family, 4 were my sons, me and my husband. In the small town I live in word spreads fast so people knew. The post on our community facebook begged for help. Yet people didnt show. This man reads to kindergarteners, is the Walmart greeter and always has a friendly word for everyone. How could people not show up to help find him when hes in danger? People suck. Sadly we didnt find him. There were lots of "prayers" comments but nope people couldn't actually come help. I might not reply. Ive got to get a shower and sleep as the search resumes at dawn and we will be there. Tomorrow our dog is going too so he can help track. Hes not an official tracker dog but we've trained him since the boys were little and we have a lot of woods. Im just so sad and disappointed in our town right now :(

Sadly the gentleman was found deceased in the creek yesterday morning. His vehicle and insulin kit are still missing. I feel awful for his family.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

You do realize that people might not be able to help? Regardless, I hope he’s found safe.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Good luck!
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

I understand the disappointment but people may have obligations or young children etc. I hope he is found safe and sound.
Anonymous 2

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:59 pm I just finished participating in a 6 hr search party for a missing elderly gentlemen who is diabetic and missing since this morning. Only 8 people showed up. 2 were his family, 4 were my sons, me and my husband. In the small town I live in word spreads fast so people knew. The post on our community facebook begged for help. Yet people didnt show. This man reads to kindergarteners, is the Walmart greeter and always has a friendly word for everyone. How could people not show up to help find him when hes in danger? People suck. Sadly we didnt find him. There were lots of "prayers" comments but nope people couldn't actually come help. I might not reply. Ive got to get a shower and sleep as the search resumes at dawn and we will be there. Tomorrow our dog is going too so he can help track. Hes not an official tracker dog but we've trained him since the boys were little and we have a lot of woods. Im just so sad and disappointed in our town right now :(
Im so sorry, I hope the man is found safe. Not everyone is a decent caring human being like your family members
Anonymous 1

mater-three wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:01 pm You do realize that people might not be able to help? Regardless, I hope he’s found safe.
There's 1200 people in our town. Im sure more than 8 people could have shown. Its frustrating.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

That's great that you're helping. Best of luck. I hope he's found safely and soon.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 3

It's a wonderful thing that you and your family can help.
It's not so wonderful for you to sit on a high horse, while judging anyone and everyone who isn't there to help.
Hope you find him.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:30 am It's a wonderful thing that you and your family can help.
It's not so wonderful for you to sit on a high horse, while judging anyone and everyone who isn't there to help.
Hope you find him.
This. You have no idea what other people are dealing with and why they're not there to search. You don't need to worry about them. You need to focus on finding the gentleman who is missing. I hope he's found safe. That's a very scary situation. My grandma went missing for several hours when she was first showing signs of dementia. Thankfully she was found safe and relatively unscathed.
Anonymous 4

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:59 pm I just finished participating in a 6 hr search party for a missing elderly gentlemen who is diabetic and missing since this morning. Only 8 people showed up. 2 were his family, 4 were my sons, me and my husband. In the small town I live in word spreads fast so people knew. The post on our community facebook begged for help. Yet people didnt show. This man reads to kindergarteners, is the Walmart greeter and always has a friendly word for everyone. How could people not show up to help find him when hes in danger? People suck. Sadly we didnt find him. There were lots of "prayers" comments but nope people couldn't actually come help. I might not reply. Ive got to get a shower and sleep as the search resumes at dawn and we will be there. Tomorrow our dog is going too so he can help track. Hes not an official tracker dog but we've trained him since the boys were little and we have a lot of woods. Im just so sad and disappointed in our town right now :(
Im so sorry, I hope the man is found safe. Not everyone is a decent caring human being like your family members
So having your own responsibilities (jobs, young kids, etc.) equates to not being caring or decent? That's a bit dramatic. Most people can't just skip out on responsibilities at a moments notice to go searching through woods for six hours. That dosent mean they aren't caring decent people.
Locked Previous topicNext topic