I am not going out of my way to make gluten free vegan meals for one person

Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Yes if it’s just a whim it’s not as crucial but I would still provide gluten free and vegan. It’s not that difficult.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:19 pm Celiac disease is very different from someone embracing a fad diet. If one of my guests had such an issue you can bet I’d make dishes that accommodate their needs. Keyword being: NEEDS.
A teenager that suddenly decided she’s vegan and gluten free because her latest crush is can find ways to accommodate her WHIMS.
Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:06 pm I made a gluten free dinner including stuffing , for thanksgiving because my daughter has celiac disease and she will throw up and have diarhea within an hour after eating anything with gluten.
We had 14 family members for dinner and they all liked it.
I’d do that for anyone. It’s easy.
Vegan is easy too.
Anyone who won’t do these things for people is a cold hearted selfish pig.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:16 pm As long as you didn’t expect anyone to bend over backwards for that’s fine.
However, in most cases, when a teenager suddenly embraces the latest fad (and even more when that’s related to a boyfriend/girlfriend) the interest fades away pretty soon.
Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:59 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:12 pm I agree. There’s no reason to consider you a troll. This seems to be a common issue. Teenagers tend to grab unto something and be obsessed for an average of a month or so, lol. So yeah, I wouldn’t bend over backwards to accommodate a teenager during a phase. I would actually take the opportunity to teach her that her choices are her own, that no one is obligated to honor those choices and that if she’s the one disrupting the status quo, then it’s her responsibility to accommodate herself. Tell her she’s welcome to bring her own meal. She’ll get out of that phase in 2 seconds if she has to prepare her own food 😁

I became vegetarian at 8 years old. I’ve now been vegan for a very long time. It’s not always a phase.
At 16 she’s certainly old enough to prepare her own meals, but if OP does the majority of the shopping and cooking she should help SD as much as is practical.

FYI, my dad still regularly asks me when I’m going to get over my vegan craze 😂. It’s been decades!
Locked Previous topicNext topic