Thanksgiving conversations

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:57 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:11 pm It was just the four of us for Thanksgiving this year....myself, my husband, and our two younger adult kid's.

We'll 'gently' discuss politics and while we don't all agree on everything, we're at least respectful to one another.

We were too busy pigging out on great food, watching some great movies, and playing board games to discuss politics or anything else like that on Thanksgiving.
What board game?
My siblings and I still break one out after Christmas dinner - it’s always a great time.
We played this time.. Parcheesi, Trivial Pursuit, and Cards Against Humanity.

We love it. :)

I grew-up playing Canasta (a card game) after holiday dinners with my family. A lot of fun!
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:59 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:11 pm It was just the four of us for Thanksgiving this year....myself, my husband, and our two younger adult kid's.

We'll 'gently' discuss politics and while we don't all agree on everything, we're at least respectful to one another.

We were too busy pigging out on great food, watching some great movies, and playing board games to discuss politics or anything else like that on Thanksgiving.
What board game?
My siblings and I still break one out after Christmas dinner - it’s always a great time.

I grew-up playing Canasta (a card game) after holiday dinners with my family. A lot of fun!
We did Cards Against Humanity about 5 years ago. We had the BEST time laughing but Mom has banned it on Christmas Day 😬
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Deleted User 276

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:53 am
msb64 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:12 pm We gathered with about 40 friends and family members. No talk of Trump but quite a bit about Biden,Warren, and Sanders. Sometimes it got a little heated but in a family friendly kind of way.
40 is a great crowd! I miss the big family events like these since I’m so far away from my family.
Our extended family is aged and dispersed. We were with our immediate family and good friends. It was weird because it was the first Thanksgiving in 25 years that we didn't host dinner (went to a friend's barn/event space). Kind of nice with no dishes but also no leftovers!
Deleted User 203

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:09 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:59 pm

What board game?

We did Cards Against Humanity about 5 years ago. We had the BEST time laughing but Mom has banned it on Christmas Day 😬
We talked my husband into playing it and because he just didn't like it. But he had fun with it this year.
Locked Previous topicNext topic