My mom is mad that my kids didn't make it to Thanksgiving

Anonymous 1

Unread post

One worked, one stayed with her dad, and one had dinner with his girlfriend's family. I was pretty bummed they didn't come either but it is what it is. I told my mom last week that they probably weren't all going to be there. I thought DD might be coming at least but I wasn't going to tell her she couldn't spend more time with her dad.

My mom tried to convince them all to come but it clearly didn't work out. She is mad at my kids but more mad at me for some reason. I told her she needs to not be mad at anyone. Life happens and not everyone can make it to every meal. Being mad about it is only going to make them want to not go next time too.

In her eyes I have failed as a parent for not raising them with the right values or at least not forcing them to go. I know my mom is hurt but she needs to stop being so rude about it. My kids have their own lives and that is okay.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Boring AF.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Overdone
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Stop this
MuggleMama
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

How old are they
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There's always next year
Lo428
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Oh, well. She can be mad if she wants.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That is a bummer!

And I am sorry your mom is being so difficult about it.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:28 am One worked, one stayed with her dad, and one had dinner with his girlfriend's family. I was pretty bummed they didn't come either but it is what it is. I told my mom last week that they probably weren't all going to be there. I thought DD might be coming at least but I wasn't going to tell her she couldn't spend more time with her dad.

My mom tried to convince them all to come but it clearly didn't work out. She is mad at my kids but more mad at me for some reason. I told her she needs to not be mad at anyone. Life happens and not everyone can make it to every meal. Being mad about it is only going to make them want to not go next time too.

In her eyes I have failed as a parent for not raising them with the right values or at least not forcing them to go. I know my mom is hurt but she needs to stop being so rude about it. My kids have their own lives and that is okay.
Uh huh
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You have a distinct writing style. It's going to need changing if you want people to believe your many stories.
Locked Previous topicNext topic