Not contributing to Thanksgiving meal but taking good without asking

stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:13 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:05 pm I've never had that. Sounds "tropically" good! (That just sounded like the commercial for Lucky Charms cereal..."They're magically delicious!" :lol: )
stilltfez wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:53 pm

coconut rum and pineapple juice
I made a "Thanksgiving punch" for turkey day that was orange juice, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, ginger ale & spiced rum. Added some sliced oranges, sliced limes, & cranberries to the punch bowl (glass pitcher) It was amazing!
that sounds like my cup of t... punch!!
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:25 pm She never hosts holidays at her house. Her and her husband make more than my household too.
Have you discussed the issue with her?

Some people, if they are sufficiently wealthy, won't even consider the financial aspects. It wouldn't occur to them that anyone would care.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Op you are the rude one.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:04 pm OP, what DRINKS did your sister take?
Also, one pie or a tray of pies?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

That sounds really good! And by your description, I'll bet it looked pretty, too! Recipe?
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:13 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:05 pm I've never had that. Sounds "tropically" good! (That just sounded like the commercial for Lucky Charms cereal..."They're magically delicious!" :lol: )
stilltfez wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:53 pm

coconut rum and pineapple juice
I made a "Thanksgiving punch" for turkey day that was orange juice, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, ginger ale & spiced rum. Added some sliced oranges, sliced limes, & cranberries to the punch bowl (glass pitcher) It was amazing!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I was wondering about that, too. She had me visualizing a baking sheet with at least 2 pies on it...going out the door with the sister! LOL
Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:06 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:04 pm OP, what DRINKS did your sister take?
Also, one pie or a tray of pies?
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had someine one year take all the leftover turkey. I was going to use some for soup.
Now I had enough where if they asked I would have given them some.
When I say all the turkey I mean I made 2 25 lb turkeys so I had a lot left over.
i want candy!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Oh, no! That's when you give them one of these:

madfoodie wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:07 am I had someine one year take all the leftover turkey. I was going to use some for soup.
Now I had enough where if they asked I would have given them some.
When I say all the turkey I mean I made 2 25 lb turkeys so I had a lot left over.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I'm curious to know what the OP defines as "cheap rolls?"
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She brought rolls so I don't know how you can say she didn't contribute. As for the pie, that was rude but not something I would lose my mind over.
Locked Previous topicNext topic