Sick kid, help!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Processed sugar is very different from the sugar that she'll get if I give her fresh fruits. She isn't eating bread, and our bread has substantially less sugar than soda at any rate. As for the gelatine, I'll put little to no sugar in it. Or water down a packet of gelatin dessert.

I'm not overreacting, I'm not upset. You're being asinine to assume you know more about my child's diet than I do. I have no problem with people giving their children sugary drinks, but it isn't something we do, and when a child is sick it's not the time to add in unnecessary things like processed sugar.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 am I understand that you're stressed, but you are overreacting to my comment. You made a post asking what to do, I gave a suggestion. Im not arguing, do what you want, I was just further explaining why I made that suggestion since there is likely about the same amount of sugar in a few tiny sips of ginger ale as there is in a piece of fruit or in the bread and gelatin she's eating, so it seemed like you misunderstood and thought I was saying give her glasses and glasses of ginger ale.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:02 am It's a lot for her. I politely turned down your suggestion and stated my reason, I don't know why you're arguing with me?

Do what you want for your kids but I'm not going to go out and buy soda for a sick child who almost never drinks soda. She's quite happy with tea. Thanks.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 am Small sips of ginger ale, like a glass throughout the day, isn't going to be a lot of sugar and ginger is very good for an upset stomach.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Your statement didn't appear argumentative to me. It appeared as if you offered a suggestion and then elaborated.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 am I understand that you're stressed, but you are overreacting to my comment. You made a post asking what to do, I gave a suggestion. Im not arguing, do what you want, I was just further explaining why I made that suggestion since there is likely about the same amount of sugar in a few tiny sips of ginger ale as there is in a piece of fruit or in the bread and gelatin she's eating, so it seemed like you misunderstood and thought I was saying give her glasses and glasses of ginger ale.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:02 am It's a lot for her. I politely turned down your suggestion and stated my reason, I don't know why you're arguing with me?

Do what you want for your kids but I'm not going to go out and buy soda for a sick child who almost never drinks soda. She's quite happy with tea. Thanks.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 am Small sips of ginger ale, like a glass throughout the day, isn't going to be a lot of sugar and ginger is very good for an upset stomach.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I think you're way overthinking this mama. And maybe a little too stressed over it causing you to harshly react to people here. Your child is going to be okay and a decision about tea or ginger ale really doesn't make any difference. Calm down and just let her rest and don't worry too much about the rest.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:35 am I think you're way overthinking this mama. And maybe a little too stressed over it causing you to harshly react to people here. Your child is going to be okay and a decision about tea or ginger ale really doesn't make any difference. Calm down and just let her rest and don't worry too much about the rest.
I agree, FFS, she's just fine, not like she's got some life threating disease.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Apparently I'm being asinine and trying to tell her what she needs to feed her kid.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:07 am Your statement didn't appear argumentative to me. It appeared as if you offered a suggestion and then elaborated.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thanks! I'm not overthinking it. I probably was this morning because she was violently ill and I didn't know how long it might last. But she perked right up pretty quickly! The decision to give sugary drinks to a sick kid who doesn't normally have sugary drinks WOULD make a difference though. It would just be asking for trouble.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:35 am I think you're way overthinking this mama. And maybe a little too stressed over it causing you to harshly react to people here. Your child is going to be okay and a decision about tea or ginger ale really doesn't make any difference. Calm down and just let her rest and don't worry too much about the rest.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Oh please, nowhere did I imply that she had any sort of life threatening illness or should be treated as such. I simply explained why giving her ginger ale wouldn't be a smart choice and someone wanted to argue with that.

Would you give your sick child more sugar than they're used to?
Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:50 am
I agree, FFS, she's just fine, not like she's got some life threating disease.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You were being asinine by presuming to know how much sugar my kid typically has. And you were flat out wrong to say that a glass of ginger ale has about as much sugar as bread, (which she isn't even eating), and gelatin.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:57 am Apparently I'm being asinine and trying to tell her what she needs to feed her kid.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:07 am Your statement didn't appear argumentative to me. It appeared as if you offered a suggestion and then elaborated.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I didn't say a glass. I said a few sips.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 pm You were being asinine by presuming to know how much sugar my kid typically has. And you were flat out wrong to say that a glass of ginger ale has about as much sugar as bread, (which she isn't even eating), and gelatin.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:57 am Apparently I'm being asinine and trying to tell her what she needs to feed her kid.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

That's true, but before that you referred to sipping on a glass throughout the day.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:24 pm I didn't say a glass. I said a few sips.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 pm You were being asinine by presuming to know how much sugar my kid typically has. And you were flat out wrong to say that a glass of ginger ale has about as much sugar as bread, (which she isn't even eating), and gelatin.
Locked Previous topicNext topic