This is what happens when people try to protect their own with a gun

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://www.azfamily.com/news/phoenix-m ... f736f.html

A mother pulled out her gun to break up a fight between an unwanted guest and the man who lives in the home, and she accidentally shot her own 13 year old son in the process.

How is this protecting your own family?

How is this being a responsible parent with kids in the home?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

This is what happens to people who don't practice gun safety.
Not everyone is responsible enough to be a gun owner.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's not and the reason gun control would be a great idea. We don't let people drive a car without practice and a license, why would be let someone operate a gun without proper training?
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She should have had more training and we do not know the whole story. Even trained professionals sometimes shoot a civilian. Wrong place wrong time.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

The woman obviously need shooting lessons and lots of practice. I have many guns that stay in gun safes in the house.
I can also shoot the wing off of gnat because I've been shooting guns since I was 12. Responsible gun owners know how to keep guns and ammo in a safe place and when to use the gun
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:06 am https://www.azfamily.com/news/phoenix-m ... f736f.html

A mother pulled out her gun to break up a fight between an unwanted guest and the man who lives in the home, and she accidentally shot her own 13 year old son in the process.

Well said. I agree.
It’s just so unecessary and tragic.

But the people who feel that they “need”a gun will become defensive and super sensitive, trying to justify their need for a gun to“ protect themselves and their family”. Their family suffers in too many cases.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:48 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:06 am https://www.azfamily.com/news/phoenix-m ... f736f.html

Well said. I agree.

But the people who feel that they “need”a gun will become defensive and super sensitive, trying to justify their need for a gun to“ protect themselves and their family”. Their family suffers in too many cases.
Initially I bought my first gun to protect myself and my kids from my abusive ex but he's dead. Now I have guns because I enjoy collecting them and going to the range to practice.
I dont need to justify anything to anyone because all of my guns are legally purchased and registered.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:48 am

Well said. I agree.

It doesn’t matter if they feel they “need” one or not-it’s their right. Same as people feel they need a gay marriage, abortion or anything else that’s legal.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:41 am The woman obviously need shooting lessons and lots of practice. I have many guns that stay in gun safes in the house.
I can also shoot the wing off of gnat because I've been shooting guns since I was 12. Responsible gun owners know how to keep guns and ammo in a safe place and when to use the gun
That’s what they all say. I bet she said it too.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Some of you really worry me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic