How do you raise a kid

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

when their mom is an introvert and their father has extreme social anxiety? I've joined a few introvert groups because I'm trying really hard to learn how to raise my 1 year old and a new baby while being introverted. I didn't have this issue with my older kids because their dad is the complete opposite so he was the one who made sure the boys got a lot of socializing and he did the playdates and everything else. Now that my 1 year old is getting older, its critical for us to make sure he gets to be social but so far that doesn't happen. He is really only around me and his father 24 7 and his father will never be the one to make socializing happen so everything falls on me. I struggle to entertain him. It's sad that the only good thing I feel about being pregnant is that my ds will have a sibling close in age to entertain him and that will take the pressure off of me. I'm struggling:(
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:42 am when their mom is an introvert and their father has extreme social anxiety? I've joined a few introvert groups because I'm trying really hard to learn how to raise my 1 year old and a new baby while being introverted. I didn't have this issue with my older kids because their dad is the complete opposite so he was the one who made sure the boys got a lot of socializing and he did the playdates and everything else. Now that my 1 year old is getting older, its critical for us to make sure he gets to be social but so far that doesn't happen. He is really only around me and his father 24 7 and his father will never be the one to make socializing happen so everything falls on me. I struggle to entertain him. It's sad that the only good thing I feel about being pregnant is that my ds will have a sibling close in age to entertain him and that will take the pressure off of me. I'm struggling:(
Im just here for the comments because I dont have anything nice to say
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You should be talking to a therapist to help yourself with the social anxiety. Getting stressed over something as simple as making playdates needs to be addressed for your sake first.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

IDK, but it's great you're trying to figure this out right before the next one gets here.
Good luck.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Any time spent with a peer group will be good for your child.

Have you checked your local library for toddler reading time, crafts and play hours? You don't have to engage with the other parents, but you may making an effort to do so will improve your own comfort.

There are also businesses that offer parent/toddler music lessons, yoga classes, craft sessions.

You can also check your county recreation department web site. They typically offer 4 or 6 week classes for toddlers to learn about wildlife, reading, fitness, etc.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably a couple half days a week at daycare. He'll be around other kids, they'll do a little light teaching, he can play. You won't be his only entertainment. Maybe an in home daycare would be best over a "school". A smaller group thus more interaction for him.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:54 am You should be talking to a therapist to help yourself with the social anxiety. Getting stressed over something as simple as making playdates needs to be addressed for your sake first.
I know. I hate that anxiety kicks in before an event however when I'm at the actual event, I'm good so I figured I don't have social anxiety.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:54 am IDK, but it's great you're trying to figure this out right before the next one gets here.
Good luck.
Thanks. I feel bad for my ds so I really have no choice but to address it.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:55 am Any time spent with a peer group will be good for your child.

Have you checked your local library for toddler reading time, crafts and play hours? You don't have to engage with the other parents, but you may making an effort to do so will improve your own comfort.

There are also businesses that offer parent/toddler music lessons, yoga classes, craft sessions.

You can also check your county recreation department web site. They typically offer 4 or 6 week classes for toddlers to learn about wildlife, reading, fitness, etc.
Thanks. I've checked into everything. There's a ton of stuff for him to do however I can not bring myself to actually go out and do the stuff. The thought of sitting around other parents and having small talk makes me want to run and hide.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:55 am Probably a couple half days a week at daycare. He'll be around other kids, they'll do a little light teaching, he can play. You won't be his only entertainment. Maybe an in home daycare would be best over a "school". A smaller group thus more interaction for him.
Last week I told my girlfriend that I will take him to the YMCA daycare every day for 2 hours and I will likely sit in the lounge and read but that doesn't seem like enough
Locked Previous topicNext topic