Dog question **edited

Anonymous 2

Unread post

RestingBitchFace13 wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:37 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:21 pm You should not be a dog owner.
Because I donโ€™t like wet pet food? Some people feed their pets twizzlers and chocolate. At least dry cat food has more nutrition than that ๐Ÿ™„. I would rather make my own dog food than buy canned. Which is probably what I will end up doing. I just like dry food itโ€™s easier and you can always have food available to an animal if you leave out a bowl of dry food. My adult cat always has a full bowl of food. My kitten came eating wet food I plan to transition it to dry food slowly in a few weeks. Hopefully by the 1st of the year the kitten will have transitioned. But the dog will most likely just eat the cats food anyway ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ
Because you are complaining about the cost of dog food after just getting a dog. Have you even taken the dog to the vet to see what they recommend?
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree with other posters. Have your dog checked by a vet to rule out dental and dietary issues.
Also, cat food is fortified with taurine bc cats cannot make it, whereas dogs can.

Free feed may not be an option for your cat since the dog is eating its food.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would stick to dog food. Try feeding the dog dry food and see what happens( mix wet and dry).
Anonymous 4

Unread post

OP mix the dry dog food with the wet for a week, each day decrease the amount of wet food. Dog should adjust fine ,as long as he/she can chew the dry food.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I used to add a can of wet food to my dogs dry. He was a big dog though. Then he'd eat it. If your dog is smaller you can change the proportions.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So not only does this poor dog have his world turned upside down by getting a new owner and new surroundings, you going to f**k with his food. Why did you get this dog?
Wet food is no more expensive than a good dry. WTF?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I would buy some good quality food and mix it with the wet food to try and transition him. Wet food is bad for their teeth but he's old so don't expect him to suddenly change.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You can't give him cat food. He's not a cat... that's not healthy. Try boiling some chicken, and adding some veggies in it and see if he eats that. His teeth might be bad, he's not a young pup anymore. I wouldn't switch him to dry food quickly either. It has to be gradual. Otherwise you'll upset his stomach.

Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RestingBitchFace13 wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:37 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:21 pm You should not be a dog owner.
Because I donโ€™t like wet pet food? Some people feed their pets twizzlers and chocolate. At least dry cat food has more nutrition than that ๐Ÿ™„. I would rather make my own dog food than buy canned. Which is probably what I will end up doing. I just like dry food itโ€™s easier and you can always have food available to an animal if you leave out a bowl of dry food. My adult cat always has a full bowl of food. My kitten came eating wet food I plan to transition it to dry food slowly in a few weeks. Hopefully by the 1st of the year the kitten will have transitioned. But the dog will most likely just eat the cats food anyway ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ
Oops.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would give them both either mixed or at different times. At your dog's age you should be concerned if he won't eat something and ask for your vet's opinion. You should be concerned mostly about what is good for the dog and for that again you should consult your vet.
Locked Previous topicNext topic