What would you want to know

Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:50 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:20 pm As a babysitter? All of our past sitters have been long-time family friends, so we didn't have to tell them much about the kids. We moved and have a new sitter coming tomorrow night. I'm leaving her a cheat sheet, so far I have emergency contacts, our house rules and things she can do if they are broken, medical information, little quirks about the kids that she should know about (like my 3-year-old has a habit of locking doors that we are working on, so keep a coin in your pocket to pop the lock if needed). I know with five kids, it can be hard to remember everything the first time, so it's just stuff that I would want to know if I was watching kids. What are things you wish the parents told you if you ever babysat? What would you add?
Make sure you tell her that shark pups eat fish, mollusks, crustaceans, krill, marine mammals and plankton. She should also feed them 1 to 3% of their body weight at least twice a day
😂😂😂
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:55 pm That babysitting for you would be an easy job.

I wish I could get a job babysitting fake kids.
😂😂😂
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:20 pm As a babysitter? All of our past sitters have been long-time family friends, so we didn't have to tell them much about the kids. We moved and have a new sitter coming tomorrow night. I'm leaving her a cheat sheet, so far I have emergency contacts, our house rules and things she can do if they are broken, medical information, little quirks about the kids that she should know about (like my 3-year-old has a habit of locking doors that we are working on, so keep a coin in your pocket to pop the lock if needed). I know with five kids, it can be hard to remember everything the first time, so it's just stuff that I would want to know if I was watching kids. What are things you wish the parents told you if you ever babysat? What would you add?
Make sure you tell her that shark pups eat fish, mollusks, crustaceans, krill, marine mammals and plankton. She should also feed them 1 to 3% of their body weight at least twice a day
LMAO that's hilarious! She also needs to tell the sitter that her kids are only allowed to play with wooden toys and they like to listen to music from Swan Lake.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anyone who has so many (or such unreasonable) rules that they have to write them all down doesn't sound like someone I would want to work for. I consider myself fairly high strung and even I never even considered making a list for our child care providers. Most of our rules are just common sense rules.
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:29 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:29 am Honestly, as a caregiver, if someone gave me a list of rules, I would "nope" out of there so fast...
Why would you not want to know what the kids are and are not allowed to do? I sure do when I watch someone's kid.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Why the hell do you even need a sitter? You are on here day and night. Seriously there hasn't been even a few hours that even go by that you don't post/reply. Look at all the posts. So again, where do you go that you need a sitter?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'd only leave emergency contact info, medical info (like medications they need to take or allergies), and location of duct tape. (kidding....kind of) Anything beyond that (what the kids are and are not allowed to do and methods the sitter can use to "discipline" the kids is generally extra. I might leave the guest wifi password and instructions for how to turn on the television if it requires multiple remotes but other than that just Contacts and allergies/medical info.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:52 pm
LMAO that's hilarious! She also needs to tell the sitter that her kids are only allowed to play with wooden toys and they like to listen to music from Swan Lake.
I forgot about the wooden toys on the train! 😂
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:21 pm

That was the funniest F***ing thread in CM history! I laughed so hard I was crying!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:38 pm

That was the funniest F***ing thread in CM history! I laughed so hard I was crying!
I was just like WTF 😳🤦‍♀️😂
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This post is pretty damn funny, I've been laughing so hard. LMAOOOOOOOOO
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:39 pm
That'swhatshesaid wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:38 pm
I was just like WTF 😳🤦‍♀️😂
Locked Previous topicNext topic