So I signed my overweight daughter up for tumbling...

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:13 pm That's great! I'm glad it seems to be going well. I'm sure she'll get used to walking to school even though she's grumbly now. Good luck to both of you on this journey! :)
I'm sure once she gets a little fitter and it gets easier for her she'll quit grumbling. Until then, I can put up with it :P. Thanks!
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Good luck!
I'm sure she'll love it and really enjoy her stronger body.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yay!

Definitely stick with the walking. I make two of mine exercise every morning the weather is tolerable, before school, not for weight reasons, but for academic/behavior reasons. It took a while for the grumbling to stop, but now, they come with me without a fuss, and although they may not have the conscious insight to agree with me, I think subconsciously they feel better and can focus more.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:43 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:36 am We've had a few chubsters in our family, thankfully they slimmed down by the time they were in high school. How boring would life be if we all looked exactly alike, slim trim and fit?
I had a few that were teased in school but I always told them, you can always lose weight...they will always be ugly inside and out for their entire lives. I also used to tell them, being chubby is okay...there's just more of you to love.
Just watch what she eats and keep her active, whether is walking, tumbling, dance, martial arts or sports. Cut out all sugar drinks and stick to water. Stick with fresh fruit and veggies, lean meat and LESS processed food and fast food when possible. Do this gradually and involve the entire family, cutting out sugar real fast will make them want it more. 3 meals a day and one to two snacks is more than sufficient for anyone and drink lots of water.
In the past I've always stuck to the idea that being chubby is okay, but that sort of thinking is really what's gotten me - and my dd - where we are now. If I'd addressed it a long time ago instead of just letting it slide it would have been a lot easier!
I'm trying to address the diet, but that's a lot more difficult than getting her more exercise so I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to do. Dh is against me on that front as well as dd, and I've got a sweet tooth a mile wide myself, so it's difficult. Looking at at least cutting down the amount of soda she drinks though. She probably drinks more soda than water right now!
Just stop buying soda. Don't even bring it into the house. Soda is horrible for the teeth anyway. And don't bring the junk food into the house. Go out for a scoop of ice cream now and then, or one donut. It's better to indulge that way than to bring it into the house. As for your husband. You're the one who buys the groceries, just don't buy the junk food.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm so glad to hear this! :)
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:38 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:36 am We've had a few chubsters in our family, thankfully they slimmed down by the time they were in high school. How boring would life be if we all looked exactly alike, slim trim and fit?
I had a few that were teased in school but I always told them, you can always lose weight...they will always be ugly inside and out for their entire lives. I also used to tell them, being chubby is okay...there's just more of you to love.
Just watch what she eats and keep her active, whether is walking, tumbling, dance, martial arts or sports. Cut out all sugar drinks and stick to water. Stick with fresh fruit and veggies, lean meat and LESS processed food and fast food when possible. Do this gradually and involve the entire family, cutting out sugar real fast will make them want it more. 3 meals a day and one to two snacks is more than sufficient for anyone and drink lots of water.
In the past I've always stuck to the idea that being chubby is okay, but that sort of thinking is really what's gotten me - and my dd - where we are now. If I'd addressed it a long time ago instead of just letting it slide it would have been a lot easier!
I'm trying to address the diet, but that's a lot more difficult than getting her more exercise so I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to do. Dh is against me on that front as well as dd, and I've got a sweet tooth a mile wide myself, so it's difficult. Looking at at least cutting down the amount of soda she drinks though. She probably drinks more soda than water right now!
Just stop buying soda. Don't even bring it into the house. Soda is horrible for the teeth anyway. And don't bring the junk food into the house. Go out for a scoop of ice cream now and then, or one donut. It's better to indulge that way than to bring it into the house. As for your husband. You're the one who buys the groceries, just don't buy the junk food.
How do you know he doesn't buy groceries?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's my strategy I use with myself Pink. I'll be like a damned goldfish with a package of cookies instead of buying just an individual pack. It's more expensive doing one scoop of ice cream at a time, but it really does wonders for the discipline.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Oh probably because statistics are on my side. Women do the majority of the shopping.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Best wishes to your dd and to you! Congrats on taking such steps to get things on the right track. Wonderful to hear.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:32 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Oh probably because statistics are on my side. Women do the majority of the shopping.
That doesn't mean that's the case in her family.
Locked Previous topicNext topic