Unpaid lunch bill = No school events for you!

leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:23 pm It’s extreme, but it’s also mom and dad’s fault. PAY YOUR CHILD’s LUNCH ACCOUNT!! Be a responsible parent FFS. Or, pack your kid a lunch.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This would piss me. Here you have to pay dues for class trips st the beginning of the year.
Why not do free breakfast and lunch for all? It shouldn't be that hard.
i want candy!
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The old saying is true, there's no such thing as a free lunch. The money has to come from somewhere and if the parents make enough money that they don't qualify for free lunches, there is no reason why they should be running up a bill. All the students in our district get free lunches regardless of need. They can purchase extra things like pizza.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They need to be able to send the debt to the Attorney General and have it garnished from tax refunds. I bet that would clean up 90% of it.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's a tough situation. I see both sides. Kids shouldn't go hungry but food isn't free. I don't know what the solution is, but punishing kids for things they aren't in control of doesn't seem right.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

If the government has no trouble finding the money to support millions of illegal immigrants then they should have no problem providing a free lunch.
You know...medicare for all, free college tuition, and all the other freebies that are being promised then free school lunch for school aged children should be included.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:34 am If the government has no trouble finding the money to support millions of illegal immigrants then they should have no problem providing a free lunch.
You know...medicare for all, free college tuition, and all the other freebies that are being promised then free school lunch for school aged children should be included.
This isn't N and P, please take your political agenda there and not here
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:44 am
iamanon wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:34 am If the government has no trouble finding the money to support millions of illegal immigrants then they should have no problem providing a free lunch.
I'm aware of the group I'm posting in, thank you.

The question was about unpaid lunches for CHILDREN. My opinion is if the government can afford to pay for XYZ then providing free lunches to school aged children shouldn't be an issue ever.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

so, prisoners can get free food, and social activities......

but schoolkids have to miss out due to lunch money

gimme a F***ing break
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:44 am
Except her reply was completely relevant to the post. So...?
Locked Previous topicNext topic