Unpaid lunch bill = No school events for you!

Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think that’s a rotten idea. Horrible.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

At first they will probably make payments on the lunch debt until it so late in the school year there aren't anymore trips then they will stop again. The school district should just sue then in civil court

quote="Anonymous 1" post_id=609503 time=1573875557]
I happen to agree with you. But I wonder if the policy will cause parents to pay up.

Sassy762 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:11 pm If thats the only way the school can get the parents to pay the outstanding debt then so be it.

quote="Anonymous 1" post_id=609465 time=1573873029]
I just read a news article about a school district whose unpaid lunch bill debt has gotten so out of control that they are considering instituting a new policy.

NOTE: The policy would not apply to students on the FREE LUNCH PROGRAM. It would only apply to students who have not demonstrated a financial need.

The policy being considered would state: Students with an outstanding lunch debt will be forbidden to attend class trips, school dances, school events, or other extra curricular activities.

What are your thoughts about this?
[/quote]
[/quote]
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Districts already withhold a student’s eligibility to join a club or sport if registration fees aren’t paid, out here anyway. This isn’t much different. Why should the school be out all that lunch money? Parents need to pay their bills.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

When I was in school, my school had a similar policy... "Any student who does not pay his Student Activity Fee shall not be permitted to attend graduation."

Do you know how many kids in my graduating class never paid that stupid activity fee? LOTS! Do you know how many were forbidden from attending graduation? Not ONE, that I'm aware of. :roll:

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with this school's new lunch policy. And that's not fair to the parents who DO pay.

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:44 pm I think that’s a rotten idea. Horrible.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It's actually so bad that some parents have debt over $1,000.00! Those parents bills ARE now being sent for COLLECTION! I do like that the non-payment will show up on their credit history! I can't even imagine not paying a bill that I know I owe.
Sassy762 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:45 pm At first they will probably make payments on the lunch debt until it so late in the school year there aren't anymore trips then they will stop again. The school district should just sue then in civil court

I happen to agree with you. But I wonder if the policy will cause parents to pay up.

Sassy762 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:11 pm If thats the only way the school can get the parents to pay the outstanding debt then so be it.

I just read a news article about a school district whose unpaid lunch bill debt has gotten so out of control that they are considering instituting a new policy.

NOTE: The policy would not apply to students on the FREE LUNCH PROGRAM. It would only apply to students who have not demonstrated a financial need.

The policy being considered would state: Students with an outstanding lunch debt will be forbidden to attend class trips, school dances, school events, or other extra curricular activities.

[/quote]
[/quote]
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The lunches ARE being provided with no hassle to the students.
The hassle is the district's to deal with.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:16 pm School lunch should be provided to students without a hassle.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

So dumb. They need to not let kids get lunch if they don't have money on their account. Letting them charge up a huge amount is ridiculous. Back in the day we actually had to be responsible and *gasp* bring our own money each day or parents had to get their heads out of their butts and send in payment for a couple of weeks.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Punish the child for what the parents do?

I’m not sure I agree with that.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s sad that schools have to go there to get parents to pay up.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:45 pm At first they will probably make payments on the lunch debt until it so late in the school year there aren't anymore trips then they will stop again. The school district should just sue then in civil court

[/quote]
[/quote]

That would certainly cost too much. Look I don't get it. If you can't afford it sign up for reduced lunches or send something in with your kid. Sure I've let it slip before but not to this point.
Locked Previous topicNext topic