https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/santa- ... index.html

Really what can be done to stop these? These are happening far too often
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sadly I think we have to accept, on some level, that this is the norm. There are so many issues involved in things like this that I’m not certain there is an answer or solution.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Gun control and accessible, free mental health care would be a damn good start.

This doesn't happen in other countries first world countries to the extent it happens in America so you guys either sit back and accept that this is the going to be the norm or you stand up and force your government to do something about it.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's unfortunate.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I didn't see much on details in the link. Do we even know if it was a kid or an adult? Current student? Former student? Other?

It's hard to say what can be done to stop them without knowing the details of why they happen in the first place.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So sad.

It's a storm of many things gone wrong. I don't think there is any way to stop them, as many of these things are impossible:

Parental education and family support
Decrease exposure to childhood violence
Decrease 24 to 7 media attention to events
Decrease access to weapons
Increase inclusiveness and opportunities in school communities
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Mental health support. And not just for those who are mentally I'll but teaching everyone that mental health is as important as physical health and how to maintain it plus when to get help. And it not being a big embarrassing thing to seek help.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well, 2020 candidates are already calling for more gun laws and blaming the NRA. More laws won't work, they aren't working now. People actually bothering to watch what is going on at schools would be a good start. Administration listening when a problem is pointed out would help. Guns are easy to get no matter how many laws are on the books. Criminals and people ready to commit mass murder don't typically go through legal channels to get them. Not giving non stop coverage to the shootings would be another good step.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:25 pm So sad.

It's a storm of many things gone wrong. I don't think there is any way to stop them, as many of these things are impossible:

Parental education and family support
Decrease exposure to childhood violence
Decrease 24 to 7 media attention to events
Decrease access to weapons
Increase inclusiveness and opportunities in school communities
We have to try. Otherwise we might as well wait for climate change to kill us. We'll be just as dead inside as the shooter. Maybe there's no cure Idk but if I give that up I'm going to stand in traffic or take all my blood pressure pills at once and I can't do that. We can push for gun laws and meanwhile look in the mirror and ask ourselves what the f**k are we doing that drives our children to this? Because something ain't right here.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:18 pm I didn't see much on details in the link. Do we even know if it was a kid or an adult? Current student? Former student? Other?

It's hard to say what can be done to stop them without knowing the details of why they happen in the first place.
16yr old student at the school..he shot himself too, and is in grave condition
Locked Previous topicNext topic