Kind of funny story from Friday

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, I am in the minority. I thought it was an hilarious story. Honestly, depending on my mood, if I was placed in this situation, I would have told the girl, "A" for creativity, but that she really doesn't want to go home with me.

I would never expect much of an explanation over the phone either, sick or whatever, I just pack my stuff up and go get my kid...
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:03 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:18 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:18 am

Hmmmmmm,
What are the odds that the vp is new, the girl is a new student and the receptionist is a sub? But the oddest detail is the girl gave your dd's name and no one asked the girl for her school id to verify this.
Why would the girl use your dd's name if they are "somewhat friends"?
That final tidbit about a boy slapping her ass and the vp chalking it up to "boys will be boys" crap is over-the-top trolling.
May I suggest using google to learn how to troll correctly, its not that difficult.
It doesn't say that the girl is a new student.
Second paragraph, second sentence
"She" is referring to the VP, not the student.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:20 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:38 am How old are these kids? If my child was supposed to be on a field trip and I get a call that she is at the school, you better believe I am questioning it. Do these kids not have student ids?
I'm curious the age too, but my kids didn't get student id's until High School.
My kids have them every year, but even if that isn't the case for ops school and her child is elementary aged and doesn't have an iD, I'd think her teacher would have been present during this fight and knew who her student was. Maybe it's middle school and it happened between classes, but that still seems odd to me that it wouldn't be recognized when this girl didn't turn up for class, so I'm curious how old she is.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

This is very hard to believe.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:08 am I got a call from the school that I needed to pick up my daughter because she had gotten into a fight. I thought it was odd and very unlike my daughter. It was odd because my daughter was supposed to be on a field trip. I didn't question it though and headed up to the school. I get there and my dd isn't in the office. I ask for her and the VP gives me a strange look and points to a girl sitting in a chair.

Apparently, this girl gave my dd's name. The VP didn't check it (she is new) and the receptionist was a substitute. The girl is somewhat friends with my dd. They have known each other forever. I don't know her parents all that well though. The VP was pretty pissed off at this girl for wasting time. I was irritated but at least it wasn't my kid.

And because I know people will ask. Yes my dd is known by the old VP and the receptionist. We had an issue last year that took awhile to clear up. A boy was running up behind my daughter and slapping her on the butt. The old VP kept chalking it up to "boys will be boys" and the girls "were too sensitive". The boy did it to several girls and it ended up being a big thing.
Hmmmmmm,
What are the odds that the vp is new, the girl is a new student and the receptionist is a sub? But the oddest detail is the girl gave your dd's name and no one asked the girl for her school id to verify this.
That final tidbit about a boy slapping her ass and the vp chalking it up to "boys will be boys" crap is over-the-top trolling.
May I suggest using google to learn how to troll correctly, its not that difficult.
I did not say the girl was new. I said the VP is new meaning new this year. The receptionist is a sub as the normal one had a baby.

If you haven’t met someone who still has the Boys will be boys mentality I can’t help that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:38 am How old are these kids? If my child was supposed to be on a field trip and I get a call that she is at the school, you better believe I am questioning it. Do these kids not have student ids?
My kid is a junior. They don’t have to wear their IDs and half of those kids don’t even carry them. They need them for school events, library books, and equipment. I didn’t ask questions over the phone because I just rushed up there. For all I knew the fight happened on the field trip or they were back.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:03 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:18 pm

Hmmmmmm,
It doesn't say that the girl is a new student.
Second paragraph, second sentence
That says that the VP is new, not that the girl is new. Also the third paragraph talking about the old VP substantiates that there is a new VP now.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:25 pm This is very hard to believe.
I got an extremely ridiculous call from the school recently. Schools and the people who run them these days are pretty much a joke on most levels. This post isn't all that unbelievable.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:08 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:25 pm This is very hard to believe.
I got an extremely ridiculous call from the school recently. Schools and the people who run them these days are pretty much a joke on most levels. This post isn't all that unbelievable.
Schools are fine.
The problem seems to be rebellious parents who think they’re smarter than teachers and don’t raise their kids to behave and show respect to teachers ( or anyone else actually)
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Since the girl is somewhat friends with your daughter, did your daughter ask this girl what additional punishment the school gave her for pulling off this ridiculous stunt?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:08 am I got a call from the school that I needed to pick up my daughter because she had gotten into a fight. I thought it was odd and very unlike my daughter. It was odd because my daughter was supposed to be on a field trip. I didn't question it though and headed up to the school. I get there and my dd isn't in the office. I ask for her and the VP gives me a strange look and points to a girl sitting in a chair.

Apparently, this girl gave my dd's name. The VP didn't check it (she is new) and the receptionist was a substitute. The girl is somewhat friends with my dd. They have known each other forever. I don't know her parents all that well though. The VP was pretty pissed off at this girl for wasting time. I was irritated but at least it wasn't my kid.

And because I know people will ask. Yes my dd is known by the old VP and the receptionist. We had an issue last year that took awhile to clear up. A boy was running up behind my daughter and slapping her on the butt. The old VP kept chalking it up to "boys will be boys" and the girls "were too sensitive". The boy did it to several girls and it ended up being a big thing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic