What are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:28 am I haven’t decided if I’m cooking or ordering this year
Arent you going on a fabulous cruise?
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:56 am
CotterpinDoozer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:14 am It's just the 5 of us and the baby can't eat anything but the potatoes yet lol, but I'm making a Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, gravy, and "holiday" bread (it's just thesister schubert rolls in the foil pan, but I only buy them for holidays, soyhe kids call it holiday bread lol). Then probably a pumpkin pie for dessert.
You can puree some turkey meat and some of the green bean casserole for the baby, separately of course 😁
Maybe, but I'm leery about the green beans, when I gave him green beans he broke out around his mouth 😟
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:58 am
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:25 am I know roast beast, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls or biscuits. Depends on if my starter is sourdoughy enough. Then dessert.
I need that recipe 😃
It's just roast beef. We call it roast beast.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:01 pm
Bubbs wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:28 am I haven’t decided if I’m cooking or ordering this year
I am, but I will be home before Thanksgiving.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubelah wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:45 am My sister & niece are in Milwaukee. We're closer to Chicago so we're going to a restaurant half way between. It'll be nice for a little change.
That sounds like a great idea. I would ask you the name of the restaurant but then you may come back and curse me out if one of the cm stalkers show up to surprise you, bwahahaha
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Originally I was going to do it here and have it catered. Then my Mom and Dad asked if they could have it at their house. I will do Christmas Eve instead. So...all I have to do is pumpkin and apple pies.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:05 am I haven't finalized the menu, Im not even close. Im still in the looking and testing phase.

So far I've decided on cranberry brie tart bites and bacon wrapped pimento cheese jalapeno poppers for appetizers.

What are you cooking?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

CotterpinDoozer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:02 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:56 am
CotterpinDoozer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:14 am It's just the 5 of us and the baby can't eat anything but the potatoes yet lol, but I'm making a Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, gravy, and "holiday" bread (it's just thesister schubert rolls in the foil pan, but I only buy them for holidays, soyhe kids call it holiday bread lol). Then probably a pumpkin pie for dessert.
You can puree some turkey meat and some of the green bean casserole for the baby, separately of course 😁
Maybe, but I'm leery about the green beans, when I gave him green beans he broke out around his mouth 😟
Then nix that and stick to potatoes, turkey and maybe just a bit of the cranberry sauce 😜
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:03 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:58 am
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:25 am I know roast beast, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls or biscuits. Depends on if my starter is sourdoughy enough. Then dessert.
I need that recipe 😃
It's just roast beef. We call it roast beast.
LMAO, I thought it was just a typo
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:00 pm I finished my menu this week & began doing some light shopping yesterday. We're expecting 19-24 people, waiting for final head count & it could always go up by another 5 the day of.

Appetizers:
lil smokies in bbq sauce
pigs in a blanket (lil smokies wrapped in crescent rolls)
queso & chips
artichoke dip
jalapeno popper triangles (jalapeno popper mixture in filo dough)
tortellini salad (cheese tortellini with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese & greek dressing)
veggie tray/fruit tray/olive & pickle tray
homemade cheese ball & crackers

Main:
2 deep fried turkeys
spiral ham
mashed potatoes with gravy
cornbread stuffing with giblet gravy
bread stuffing (my brother & I hate cornbread stuffing)
green bean casserole
corn casserole
broccoli cheese & rice casserole
baked sweet potatoes w/ marshmallows
baked squash with onions & bacon
roasted brussel sprouts with bacon & parm cheese
jellied cranberry sauce (yuck)
homemade cranberry & orange sauce
salad
rolls

Desserts:
2 chocolate pies (old fashioned cooked on the stove homemade chocolate pie. 2 because 1 is to serve & 1 is to hide for me)
pumpkin pie
pecan pie
cherry pie
turtle cheesecake (homemade cheesecake with caramel & pecans)
dark chocolate brownies
apricot cake (my brothers contribution)
blueberry pie (my sis in laws contribution)

Beer/wine/sweet tea/sodas/water
Homemade chocolate pies are bomb. My MIL made really good ones. But I only got to eat them twice. It was a super rare holiday treat.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:03 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:01 pm
I am, but I will be home before Thanksgiving.
If you get back a few days before TG, then just order a meal.
Have a great time on the cruise and be
BAD......very very bad 💋
Locked Previous topicNext topic