We don't have a working toilet

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

How do you shower?! I would go stay at a hotel at night, and then go back during the day when people are working on it. No way would I stay there and not have a working toilet or shower.

Anonymous 9

My brother did this as well....decided to have both bathrooms renovated at the same time by 2 shady guys that didn't end up doing a good job. His little kids were going outside to poop in the yard..they never rented a porta potty. I thought it was insane!!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

My great-grandparents has a low seat, so you squat but have somewhere to sit and doesn't smell at all since the pit is so deep.
mcginnisc wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 am They are very common in Asia. There are not a lot of western toilets in China.. most places have squat pots. I always held out for a western toilet, but finding one can be a trick. Hotel rooms have them, but..if you go into just a restroom at a store/hotel/ tourist place most are squat pots and there is 1-2 stalls with western toilets. The squat pots are horrible and yes..the smell will knock you over. It made me sick to my stomach at The Great Wall both trips just walking by the restroom as the smell is so strong.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:30 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:38 pm As long as you have the porta potty, that doesn't sound so bad. my great-grandparents house only has an outdoor pit toilet, we spent weeks there every summer as a kid.
That sounds worse than a porta potty, no thank you.
I had to google this. There is no way on earth that I would ever use this or suggest my kids use it. Thats disgusting and even worse than a porta potty. You squat on the ground then pee and poop in a hole, the smell has to be horrendous
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

You should have put your foot down instantly. This is WHY you have more than one bathroom-so you always have one that's working. Tell him you want one bathroom with a working bathroom NOW or you're leaving.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:38 pm As long as you have the porta potty, that doesn't sound so bad. my great-grandparents house only has an outdoor pit toilet, we spent weeks there every summer as a kid.
I had to google this. There is no way on earth that I would ever use this or suggest my kids use it. Thats disgusting and even worse than a porta potty. You squat on the ground then pee and poop in a hole, the smell has to be horrendous
I really have to wonder how something like this works when you don't have nice neat formed poops that drop straight down. Diarrhea is a thing. Explosive poop is a thing. I can't imagine what that would be like just squatting over a hole. Inside our toilet bowl above the water line, especially along the back, has to be scrubbed regularly because DH's body shoots out little poop projectiles. Sitting on a bowl contains it. Squating over a hole would not and the entire inside of that little building would be disgusting.
Anonymous 8

Loved your description. I could see it all so clearly!
Emandab wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:49 am Okay, I just googled bidets as a stand alone fixture because I've only ever seen the toilets with the water spout bidets as one unit. Im dying over here just picturing this. The one I landed on is freaking hilarious. It shows you how to use one with step by step instructions and shows a guy straddling this thing. Goes on to say "you may have to take your pants off". Why on earth anyone would use such a thing is beyond me. I get the toilets with the built in spouts but a whole separate fixture? So you poop on the toilet then waddle over to the bidet with your pants around your ankles and straddle the bidet. I'd kill my husband. Dead. He would be in the ground.
Anonymous 8

I had no idea! This is all good to know!
mcginnisc wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 am They are very common in Asia. There are not a lot of western toilets in China.. most places have squat pots. I always held out for a western toilet, but finding one can be a trick. Hotel rooms have them, but..if you go into just a restroom at a store/hotel/ tourist place most are squat pots and there is 1-2 stalls with western toilets. The squat pots are horrible and yes..the smell will knock you over. It made me sick to my stomach at The Great Wall both trips just walking by the restroom as the smell is so strong.

Locked Previous topicNext topic