What's for dinner 11/9/19?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:09 pm Yum, especially on the dessert! I am a sucker for good dessert. We are having a pot roast currently cooking in the slow cooker... and driving me crazy because it is taking so damn long lol! It is a pork pot roast with red potatoes, onions, baby carrots, and celery.
We have 3 because Im testing recipes for TG. Im going to make at least 2 a day for the next few weeks, I was feeling extra confident today and went for a third dessert. DH will be taking them to the office every morning so I cant eat everything, he he

This morning I was thinking about making bbq pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans and coleslaw but I was distracted with the baking and just threw what I had in the fridge in the oven
Anonymous 4

Unread post

We had Pizza Hut last night
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:16 pm
lauren08 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:09 pm Yum, especially on the dessert! I am a sucker for good dessert. We are having a pot roast currently cooking in the slow cooker... and driving me crazy because it is taking so damn long lol! It is a pork pot roast with red potatoes, onions, baby carrots, and celery.
We have 3 because Im testing recipes for TG. Im going to make at least 2 a day for the next few weeks, I was feeling extra confident today and went for a third dessert. DH will be taking them to the office every morning so I cant eat everything, he he

This morning I was thinking about making bbq pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans and coleslaw but I was distracted with the baking and just threw what I had in the fridge in the oven
Wow that is a LOT of desserts to test, I am impressed with your commitment! And jealous of all the goodies over at your place. I'm a good cook but not so much when it comes to desserts unless it came from a box. I went for the easy dinner tonight too, last night I made a coconut chicken curry with rice and veggies and that took a while so tonight I gave myself a break. Lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:24 pm

Wow that is a LOT of desserts to test, I am impressed with your commitment! And jealous of all the goodies over at your place. I'm a good cook but not so much when it comes to desserts unless it came from a box. I went for the easy dinner tonight too, last night I made a coconut chicken curry with rice and veggies and that took a while so tonight I gave myself a break. Lol
I do this every year for Easter, July 4th, TG and Xmas. I love to cook and bake, it keeps me at home and out of the mall and stores. The coconut curry chicken and the pork pot roast sounds delish, the more you bake the better you become. It just takes practice and precise measurements.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:35 pm

I do this every year for Easter, July 4th, TG and Xmas. I love to cook and bake, it keeps me at home and out of the mall and stores. The coconut curry chicken and the pork pot roast sounds delish, the more you bake the better you become. It just takes practice and precise measurements.
I love cooking too. I will have to dabble in baking some more ;-)
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:43 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:35 pm

I love cooking too. I will have to dabble in baking some more ;-)
I disliked baking anything that wasn't out of a box for years. About 9 years ago, I dabbled in baking from scratch and loved it. I should have tried it sooner but I've been making up for all the lost time.
Its relaxing for me to be in the kitchen all day or if I cant sleep at night, I'll get up and start cooking or baking
Turkle
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Marinated loin of pork, roast potatoes and carrots, and a pot of pasta/ham/cheese with seasonings.
"Prison inmates are treated to cable TV, hot meals and a college education, while on the outside some people can only afford these things through a life of crime."
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Grilled chicken caesar wraps, sauteed green beans and fruit salad
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My son had a hockey game from 5 till 7 so it was a late crockpot dinner of French beef dip with a salad.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sort of doing that too.
Two weeks ago I made a sweet potato cheesecake. This weekend and next, I want to test out two different pie crusts for my mocha pie.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic