Would you rather...

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:19 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:03 pm
mojogirl wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:31 pm If I take the money does that mean I have to be miserable?? Cause I'm pretty happy already.
Yeah for the purposes of the question it's one or the other, sorry girl!
So if one chooses money, they will be miserable?
It's purely a hypothetical question. If you could ONLY pick one or the other (I am obviously aware it is possible to have both) then which would it be?
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:23 pm
Bubbs wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:19 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:03 pm

Yeah for the purposes of the question it's one or the other, sorry girl!
So if one chooses money, they will be miserable?
It's purely a hypothetical question. If you could ONLY pick one or the other (I am obviously aware it is possible to have both) then which would it be?
Then I’ll stay with money
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Money, hands down. I firmly believe that happiness absolutely can be bought with enough money.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SisterSomeone wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:39 pm Money, hands down. I firmly believe that happiness absolutely can be bought with enough money.
That's interesting to me when people say that. I don't think so. The richest people are always the ones with the most problems. Often drugs. I think money can buy you things that may provide some happiness but ultimately money can't bring you happiness if you're not happy with yourself/your partner, etc.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Money
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:15 pmI already have both.
She said “if you had to choose.” Honestly I don’t understand why you even post in here.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

HanSolo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:12 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:15 pmI already have both.
She said “if you had to choose.” Honestly I don’t understand why you even post in here.
Right... there is always one. Smh
Lustywench
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Money
I'll take my chances, I'd rather be rich and miserable than poor and happy
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If it is you can only pick one scenario — happiness for life, sign me up!

I am middle class now and am so damn blessed and grateful. I really am. Do I dream of riches, sometimes, but really at the end of the day, in a world full of 1) poverty and 2) rich, but mentally unwell, lonely people — me, well, I am pretty lucky!!

Numerous studies show that happiness levels do not improve with wealth. After enough income to live securely, money is not the key to being joyful.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:48 pm
SisterSomeone wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:39 pm Money, hands down. I firmly believe that happiness absolutely can be bought with enough money.
That's interesting to me when people say that. I don't think so. The richest people are always the ones with the most problems. Often drugs. I think money can buy you things that may provide some happiness but ultimately money can't bring you happiness if you're not happy with yourself/your partner, etc.
Okay, I mean, that's your opinion. For me, personally, I can absolutely buy happiness with money. I've always been at peace with myself, I've had the same friends when I was broke and now that I'm not, and my happiness is not particularly contingent on my husband. Everything that makes me happy, traveling, experiences, nice things, financial stability, peace from knowing that an expensive emergency of any sort wouldn't destroy my life, all of that I could buy with money.
Locked Previous topicNext topic