Will I get the house.....

Anonymous 4

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:24 am Why do you think you have a snowball's chance of getting a house that is in his name on his family's property that *you* moved into? That makes no sense to me.. I mean, a judge might see things differently, but it was his home before you came into the picture so why should *he* have to leave and you get to stay? This has got to be a troll..
She'll come back in a week telling the board she won the house :D
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I a, sorry you are going through this. I have never really been in a situation like this to weigh in on what will happen, but it sounds a bit stressful.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In the remote chance this isn’t a troll post, even if you could convince a judge to grant you a houseboat you’re not entitled to (which I doubt), have some decency, for crying out loud. You have no right to that house. I understand it sucks to have to move, but that house is his alone, you have no claim over it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Not only should you get the house but ALL of the property and houses belonging to his entire family.
Your golden vagina had his kid, so now his whole family must pay the price. Nobody but you will get anything once a judge finds out about you. :?
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In separation, unless there was a prenuptial agreement, like any acquired assets and debts, the house will be valued and split as an asset. With only being together five years, you will not get the entire house, but would be entitled to either have it's value, or have the increase in value since you moved in. There is no way to speak as to the chances of you getting the entire house, but if I judge did order that, there would have to be some other order to equalize the property.

When you have your meeting, assuming there is legal representation, you will probably be told something similar to what I mentioned above. There are many other caveats to splitting assets and debts in divorce and each jurisdiction may view them separately or combined.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

You MAY be entitled to half the increase in equity over the laat 5 years. If it has depreciated he could argue that you owe him half of the depreciation. You don't get to stay. Wow. And with the attitude you have, you may offput the judge so much you get nothing.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:27 am In separation, unless there was a prenuptial agreement, like any acquired assets and debts, the house will be valued and split as an asset. With only being together five years, you will not get the entire house, but would be entitled to either have it's value, or have the increase in value since you moved in. There is no way to speak as to the chances of you getting the entire house, but if I judge did order that, there would have to be some other order to equalize the property.

When you have your meeting, assuming there is legal representation, you will probably be told something similar to what I mentioned above. There are many other caveats to splitting assets and debts in divorce and each jurisdiction may view them separately or combined.
Are you basing that on Ohio law?
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:03 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:27 am In separation, unless there was a prenuptial agreement, like any acquired assets and debts, the house will be valued and split as an asset. With only being together five years, you will not get the entire house, but would be entitled to either have it's value, or have the increase in value since you moved in. There is no way to speak as to the chances of you getting the entire house, but if I judge did order that, there would have to be some other order to equalize the property.

Are you basing that on Ohio law?
Yes, to some extent. By profession, I am up on family law, but not in many of the States. I did take a very quick (60 second) look at Ohio marital property law and it seems to follow here. That is why I was not very definitive in my reply.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:27 am I don’t think you will get the house.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:33 am My husband of 5 years and I are getting divorced. We have 1 son with him and 2 from previous relationship.

6 years ago my kids and I moved into his house. 2 yrs later we had a son.

Since I have 2 kids and the mother of his son I believe I should get to keep the house.

The house is just in his name and on property that belongs to his family.

He keeps telling me the kids are welcome to stay that I am not.

Today we have our 1st meetings to see what we can agree on.

Now I know the issue of the house will probably need to go the judge.

What are my chances. This is home I don't want to leave.

Yes I am still in the house. I am not leaving.

On the very slim chance that this is real: you will not get the house. You may get any equity earned while you were married. Because your marriage is 6 years or less, it will not be much. The property isn't his, the home is but it was his prior to marriage. If you receive custody, probably 50/50 or shared, you may receive a small amount of child support but based on the length of your marriage you will not be receiving spousal support.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Locked Previous topicNext topic