I am not changing my menu... if you want something else feel free to bring it

Anonymous 1

Unread post

SIL's boyfriend is gluten free and vegan. SIL asked if I could make some changes to the menu to accommodate him.

I told her no. I make the same thing every year and I am not going to switch it up. I am cooking for over 50 people. I have no time, motivation, or money to make extra dishes. I wouldnt just change the dishes I usually make because people would not be happy about that, so any changes would mean extra dishes. I dont pay attention to what is gluten free or not. I dont pay attention to what is considered vegan or not. I have enough going on and I simply wont add more to that.

I told her to have him bring whatever else he wants. SIL is acting like I am the worst person in the world. She has never offered to host, there is no reason she cant make some stuff her boyfriend can eat. There have been many people over the years that brought their own food or ate before. It isnt that big of a deal

If she is going to keep making it such a big deal I dont even really want her there in the first place.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Typical vegan/vegetarian. They need to learn the world doesn't cater to them.

Funny how their arms must be broken, I guess that is why they cannot cook.
RedBottoms

Unread post

if you were just doing a small gathering I could see making a few things for him. But if you are cooking for 50-yeah you are doing more than enough. They can bring some things for him to eat instead.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

50 people? Damn. I don’t think I even know 50 people πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm sorry you only know shitty vegetarians/vegans. People tend to attract those similar to themselves.
cellomom26 wrote: ↑Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:31 pm Typical vegan/vegetarian. They need to learn the world doesn't cater to them.

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Funny thing is she is probably the only one complaining. He is probably thinking I will just bring something for myself to eat as he may be so use to doing this.
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

People like that are so weird. I don't have any kind of special diet and if a vegan or vegetarian hosted a meal I'm invited to, I'd never demand they serve steak and lamb. I'd simply show up (if it's a gathering I care to attend otherwise) and graciously accept the meal they're nice enough to share with me.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: ↑Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:37 pm I'm sorry you only know shitty vegetarians/vegans. People tend to attract those similar to themselves.
cellomom26 wrote: ↑Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:31 pm Typical vegan/vegetarian. They need to learn the world doesn't cater to them.

Well bless your heart!
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't really blame you. Last minute changes give me anxiety. I guess I'd maybe buy some frozen stuff for him but you probably don't even know what he likes. I don't even know how to properly change recipes and I sure wouldn't want to learn before a huge event.
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: ↑Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:41 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: ↑Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:37 pm I'm sorry you only know shitty vegetarians/vegans. People tend to attract those similar to themselves.

Well bless your heart!
They try just as hard here as they did on Cafemom, don't they? Lol. Just because you've noticed a pattern it doesn't mean you've attracted it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic