Do you feel this is excessive?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My daughter is in theater. They are preparing for a show. The last month they have been at school until 7 or 8. The next two weeks is scheduled for 9 which really means 9:30-10. Most of these kids are also in advanced classes, have jobs, and do other things outside of school. They are also scheduled to be at school 7-7 on Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:04 am My daughter is in theater. They are preparing for a show. The last month they have been at school until 7 or 8. The next two weeks is scheduled for 9 which really means 9:30-10. Most of these kids are also in advanced classes, have jobs, and do other things outside of school. They are also scheduled to be at school 7-7 on Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday.
I don't. Doing theater has a lot of time commitments ontop of what you already have on your plate.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:04 am My daughter is in theater. They are preparing for a show. The last month they have been at school until 7 or 8. The next two weeks is scheduled for 9 which really means 9:30-10. Most of these kids are also in advanced classes, have jobs, and do other things outside of school. They are also scheduled to be at school 7-7 on Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday.
No, not at all. My son plays football and basketball, they practice from 3 to 7--8 pm every weekday and weekends from 9-10am to 4-6pm but with a break for lunch
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Well it sounds typical for theater.... its up to you/your child to decide whether its too excessive to do again next year. All the theater kids I went to school with did homework during that time. Most of them weren't busy and needed during that whole time for rehearsals.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope. That is the hazards of extra curriculars...especially theater. They have to learn choreography, blocking, etc and rehearsals are paramount for this.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 3

Unread post

What a dumb question
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not at all. It's crunch time and so they are doing extra prep now that the countdown is on. Good luck and I hope the performance is great!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My dd often doesn’t get home from rehearsals till after 11. The closer the show the later the rehearsals go. Opening night for her is this Wednesday.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Depends on the age really. In high school I had 3 hours of homework every night to do so school then practicing until 10 then doing homework for hours would be a lot. If this is only for a few weeks that would be fine but i'm not sure months on end would be fine.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Yes but there will always be some extras/sports that go overboard.
Locked Previous topicNext topic