Work vent

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I know it's stupid and i'm being selfish but damn.

My ex always takes dd and ds trick or treating. Well on Saturday I got a text saying that he is going away with friends that night.

Thursday is my night to close the office....meaning I'm done anywhere from 5:30 or later. Trick or treat is at 6pm and I work 40 mins away.

I sent a group text just asking anyone to switch with me. I already close 2 times a week. Everyone else is only once. I offered to take the friday closing for month. I offered to give up all my opening shifts for a month.

Everyone said no. The one lady that has no kids and said she would switch with me is off this week. The other one that usually switches got promoted and left our office.

The one co worker is new and can't close yet. The other one has been there the longest. She always has an excuse on why she can't but she expects everyone to switch with her. She said to me I close monday(which is though). I offered to close for her Monday. Then she said that her and her husband like to drive around. She lives 2 mins from the office.

Now my final co worker is the one that I am the most annoyed with. She is also a mother to younger children. So I get but she has a husband and a mom. Also she has 2 older kids. She also lives 5 mins from the office. She just simply said no. BUT what pisses me off. She always expects people to switch with her when it comes to stuff with her kids. She always tries to not close. She closes on Wednesday which is the easiest day. But she will want to switch every week for one reason or another. It is always kid related. There have been times I have closed Tues Thurs and her Wednesday. When I asked her if she would take the tues or thurs she said she can't. Just this past Wednesday we had to work 2 people down because she had to leave at 11:00.Then again on Friday she left at 2. My manager is also at fault for a approving her time off. I texted her then and I said I guess the only kids that matter are yours. I know petty but damn.

That's my vent I know it's stupid but I am upset.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I forgot to add the next year the week of Christmas I am taking a few days and the week between Christmas and New years I am off. I am taking my kids away. The co worker that never switches and also the one with kids are already mad at me for it. I have been there for 5 yrs and have never taken that much time off or any time around holidays. . I have heard I am ruining Christmas and it's not fair to everyone else. My one co worker who never switches always takes the day before or after a holiday off sometimes both. The one with kids is saying she doesn't want to lose time with her kids. I will probably never take all that time off again. But this trip will be once in a life time.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm sorry. Have whoever is watching them get them ready for the night so as soon as you get home you can start the trick or treating.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I stopped switching with people who never switched with me and I told them why I wouldn't switch. They changed their tune really quick.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't see the huge deal, it sounds like you'll be home not that long after trick or treating starts.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Just take her when you get home not really a big deal.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:48 am I stopped switching with people who never switched with me and I told them why I wouldn't switch. They changed their tune really quick.
This.
Problem solved.
As for Halloween, getting there 10 minutes later isn't going to change much.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Just make sure not to switch with her anymore. You aren't obligated to, just like she isn't, whether that annoys you or not. It also doesn't sound like you'll be all that late. A slightly late start to trick or treating isn't catastrophic. Tell the kids and whoever is watching them to make sure they're dressed and ready to go when you get home so they can go right away.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would just make sure the kids were ready to go. As for your coworkers, stop switching with those who don't return the favor, and if they bitch about your vacation, just ignore it or call them out on their hypocrisy. So YOU should lose out on time with your kids? Or You mean like how it isn't fair to everyone else when you take the day before or after off every year?

Then again I have very little tolerance for selfish whiny coworkers. One of the many reasons I work from home and don't have to worry about shifts and covering anyone else.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

i get it, your coworkers suck. mine do too. as others have said, stop switching with those people who won't ever switch with you.

that said, i'm not understanding why this particular scenario means you can't do ToT with your kid. even if you don't get home until 6:30 or 7 that still seems like plenty of time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic