Food subscription boxes

Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:20 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:06 pm I can't imagine being so lazy. It really isn't that hard to cook your own meals and it's cheaper.
It’s not cheaper especially if you want to try new things. I have turmeric I bought for ONE recipe. Now we can try new things without buying all the ingredients I’ll never use again
And you have to cook all the food it’s not precooked
Turmeric can be used for a face mask.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

So I tried hello fresh, blue apron, and sun basket. I didn’t continue with any of them because I realized I’m a better cook than their chefs that put this stuff together 😂. Of the three, sun basket was the best for me personally, but I suspect most would prefer blue apron. Hello fresh was actually pretty terrible. Like eating at Applebee’s or Olive Garden terrible 🤢 🤮
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:27 pm So I tried hello fresh, blue apron, and sun basket. I didn’t continue with any of them because I realized I’m a better cook than their chefs that put this stuff together 😂. Of the three, sun basket was the best for me personally, but I suspect most would prefer blue apron. Hello fresh was actually pretty terrible. Like eating at Applebee’s or Olive Garden terrible 🤢 🤮
I don’t think Applebee’s or Olive Garden are terrible
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:23 pm I tried one for a week. But i couldn't justify spending 10/person/meal.
Spices are expensive however, but spending $5 on a new spice is still cheaper than 10 per person per meal.
My time is worth something no planning no shopping I hate meal planning
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:25 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:37 pm Its always anon 2. She should learn to vary her writing style. Most of her replies start with "I can't imagine."
Yup. I can't imagine being so wrapped up in this website that I'm always anon 2 and always can't imagine something.
Lol, she's the most sheltered, closed minded, un-empathetic person on this board.

With an apparently terrible imagination. lol.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:35 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:27 pm So I tried hello fresh, blue apron, and sun basket. I didn’t continue with any of them because I realized I’m a better cook than their chefs that put this stuff together 😂. Of the three, sun basket was the best for me personally, but I suspect most would prefer blue apron. Hello fresh was actually pretty terrible. Like eating at Applebee’s or Olive Garden terrible 🤢 🤮
It was overly salty, bland, very basic food that was sorely lacking vegetables in my opinion. Sun Basket was better in that it had more spices and more veggies.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A friend highly recommended EveryPlate but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:41 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:35 pm
It was overly salty, bland, very basic food that was sorely lacking vegetables in my opinion. Sun Basket was better in that it had more spices and more veggies.
So pretty much my normal cooking lol
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I don’t think I would like a service like that. I’d love for someone to tell me what to make for dinner every night, but I’d like to buy the ingredients myself and be able tailor the recipe to our tastes.
goodvanilla
Villein
Villein

Unread post

We’ve used:

Blue Apron (3 months)- Often arrived with warm meat, no organization of ingredients, labor intensive to make. The meals were interesting and I loved their Mediterranean options. The warm meat killed it for us.

Home Chef (1 year)- Loved them until this summer when, once again, meat was arriving warm. They do a better job with packaging ingredients and we like the variety of choices. Wonderful customer service!

Hello Fresh (4 months)- Awesome meals and packaging, choices do repeat faster than Home Chef which I guess is good if you really liked something, burger choices are fantastic, lots of meal options weekly.

We had planned on switching back to Home Chef when the weather cooled off, but I really do love Hello Fresh so maybe we’ll stick with them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic