Omg thank goodness

leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So we are leaving for Florida in 3 weeks and I needed to renew my license. I thought I needed the real ID to fly. Thank god I dont cause you have to have certified copies of your marriage license (for each marriage, if it's more than once). Of course most people dont have certified copies , so I would have to contact the courthouse where we where married. It's easier to just get a passport.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Isn't the copy they give you a certified copy?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:28 pm Isn't the copy they give you a certified copy?
And more importantly, why every one? I've never needed my marriage or my divorce decree to fly in the USA.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I really don't want to have to dredge up a marriage license from a marriage I'd like to keep in my past and forget about as much as possible.

All of that seems extreme. Can you use a passport to get a real ID?
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just remember them saying you need a birth certificate and social security card. Is it different in different states or are you maybe just confusing it for something else?
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:28 pm Isn't the copy they give you a certified copy?
And more importantly, why every one? I've never needed my marriage or my divorce decree to fly in the USA.
I would really hope it's a certified copy considering that's what social security and the DMV accepted when I changed my name lol. I only have the one certified copy they mailed me.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:32 pm
Me neither, and I have the real ID.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I have a real ID and I didn't have to show that.

You are full of shit OP
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Each state has their own requirements from what I know of the real id. Her state might require those things. Mine does not require every marriage license.. just one if you changed your name, the birth certificate, and 2 bills.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:50 pm I have a real ID and I didn't have to show that.

You are full of shit OP
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Deleted User 670

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:25 pm So we are leaving for Florida in 3 weeks and I needed to renew my license. I thought I needed the real ID to fly. Thank god I dont cause you have to have certified copies of your marriage license (for each marriage, if it's more than once). Of course most people dont have certified copies , so I would have to contact the courthouse where we where married. It's easier to just get a passport.
I would think that you would just need the one that matches your change of name on your driver's license if it's different from your birth certificate. That's one of the big reasons I kept my maiden name when I got married. My current name matches my birth name and all my legal documents have the same name.
Locked Previous topicNext topic