'No Trick-or-Treat' signs trigger lawsuit from S*x offenders

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A group of S*x offenders in Georgia is suing the Butts County Sheriff’s office for posting “No Trick-or-Treat” signs on their homes.

The Butts County Sheriff said he is using the signs to keep kids safe, but the S*x offenders argued they are a violation of their rights to free speech and privacy.

From The Butts County Sheriff Facebook Page:
PUBLIC NOTICE:
Last Halloween, the Chamber of Commerce cancelled “Halloween on the Square”. In doing so, our neighborhoods had a large increase in children going door-to-door. My office took precautions and placed signs indicating “No Trick or Treat” at each registered S*x offender’s residence in the County. This was done to ensure the safety of our children.
Attorneys representing several S*x offenders have filed a lawsuit against my staff and I. The S*x offenders have asked a Federal Judge to stop my Office from placing these signs this year. This Thursday, we will argue to the Federal Court that we are protecting our children and following Georgia Law by placing these signs. Regardless of the Judge’s ruling this Thursday, I WILL do everything within the letter of the Law to protect the children of this Community.
As always it is an honor and privilege to serve as your Sheriff, I ask for your prayers this Thursday into this matter.
-Sheriff Gary Long
http://state.sor.gbi.ga.gov/Sort_Public ... sults.aspx

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-sher ... qWduJwqQFw
KAG
Mean Girl