My Dental Vent

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fun fact
My dental insurance decided to not tell me that a lot of places no longer take that insurance. (I stated that in a previous post) So f**k you dental insurance. Come January you will be replaced.
I got my rough estimate of about $5000 out of pocket cost after my insurance use.
Oh care credit, we might soon be the best of friends.
I brush and floss twice a day. After the sticker shock I got, I am brushing after every meal, snack and sip of water. I might be over exaggerating a lot, but it is how I feel atm. LoL!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Trade ya. My out of cost pocket for all my work after insurance is 9 grand. But since my insurance covers 3 grand worth of any work, I'm just going to do things in increments to maximize my benefits.
PurpleTurtle
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I feel your pain - dental insurance is the worst! I had to have a bunch of work done earlier this year and paid more out of pocket than our insurance covered. Ugg.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The best thing you can do for your teeth is to make sure your vitamin d levels are optimal and that you're getting the minerals you need for healthy bones and teeth. The easiest way is to drink milk. You can also take a mineral supplement like Country Life's Bone Solid. Drinking milk AND taking Bone Solid caps with 5,000iu-10,000iu until cavities are healed. My dog Willow developed cavities on her bottom back molars. Actual holes. They were healed, reversed, restored to pearly whites by giving her 5,000iu D3 and 2 Bone Solid caps opened in her food twice a day. For maintenance, she got 5,000iu D3 daily with 4 Bone Solid caps.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:28 pm The best thing you can do for your teeth is to make sure your vitamin d levels are optimal and that you're getting the minerals you need for healthy bones and teeth. The easiest way is to drink milk. You can also take a mineral supplement like Country Life's Bone Solid. Drinking milk AND taking Bone Solid caps with 5,000iu-10,000iu until cavities are healed. My dog Willow developed cavities on her bottom back molars. Actual holes. They were healed, reversed, restored to pearly whites by giving her 5,000iu D3 and 2 Bone Solid caps opened in her food twice a day. For maintenance, she got 5,000iu D3 daily with 4 Bone Solid caps.
I am going to look into that.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:41 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:28 pm The best thing you can do for your teeth is to make sure your vitamin d levels are optimal and that you're getting the minerals you need for healthy bones and teeth. The easiest way is to drink milk. You can also take a mineral supplement like Country Life's Bone Solid. Drinking milk AND taking Bone Solid caps with 5,000iu-10,000iu until cavities are healed. My dog Willow developed cavities on her bottom back molars. Actual holes. They were healed, reversed, restored to pearly whites by giving her 5,000iu D3 and 2 Bone Solid caps opened in her food twice a day. For maintenance, she got 5,000iu D3 daily with 4 Bone Solid caps.
Ditto. I've been taking the D3 for a while now but have never heard of Bone Solid. My doctor is concerned about possible osteoporosis because of my age, race, and size, so I'm wondering if it might help with that as well?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:52 pm
Ditto. I've been taking the D3 for a while now but have never heard of Bone Solid. My doctor is concerned about possible osteoporosis because of my age, race, and size, so I'm wondering if it might help with that as well?
Yes. It's a really good mineral supplement. The minerals are formulated in a form that the bones and teeth actually use and not cheap carbonate or hydroxide form. It's well worth the cost. Swansonvitamins.com usually has it at a very good price.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:14 pm
Diamepphyre wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:52 pm

Yes. It's a really good mineral supplement. The minerals are formulated in a form that the bones and teeth actually use and not cheap carbonate or hydroxide form. It's well worth the cost. Swansonvitamins.com usually has it at a very good price.
I just ordered Bone Solid and a multi for my dd at Swanson, lol. Thanks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic