What initially brought you to CM?

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I saw an add on My Space about a month after the site launched.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I was on Club Mom prior to CM.
No.
I actually like MC more than what CM gradually became. There’s more support and camaraderie.
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I was playing scrabble on Yahoo back when the had games and I saw a banner ad and clicked. I like reading some of the situations and the interesting responses.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Single mom's group.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That's a new one for me. I've never heard of that one.
Mom of monkeys wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:40 am I was on moms like me and the site closed down.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I know it's not funny that members were total bit^&Es. But your response made me laugh. I have to say, though...When I reached out for help about step family stuff, I was clueless. Those very same women really clued me in! LOL But yes. Some of the "advice" was blatantly nasty. No need for that. It does certainly provide entertainment, though!
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:18 am Those bitches were total bitches when i asked for advice. So i got off.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I think that's basically how I found it. I think I did a search for online advice for step families. Sometimes I question whether this is really a good place for that. But if you have thick skin and you can ignore the snarky comments, there really is some good advice here and a few really cool moms, too. And no horny men...that I know of anyway! :lol:
Anonymom*23/6/364 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:34 am I ran a search for women only forums and found cafemom.
I wanted a place to interact with other mothers without getting hit on by horny men.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Oh, no! Sucks when that happens!
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:42 am I started on iVillage in 2004 when pregnant with my first. Still stayed when I had my second in 2007 and became quite close with my due date group from iVillage (we still have a private FB group). But the format of iVillage went through a major change a couple years later (2009ish) and they lost a ton of members. What was once super active and thriving became a ghost town almost overnight. So I searched the web for something else similar and found CM.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That was such a great idea! I hadn't noticed that on CM!
wildflowers25 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:47 am Way back when my oldest was around 2, I was trying to find play groups so we could get out of the house more. I found a group and the head of it told me to join CM because that was how they planned meetups and where general information was posted. We eventually moved away from that city but I stayed on CM because it allowed me to talk to people and sometimes be entertained. I'm here for the same reasons although I think this place is more tame.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I agree.
Midnight_Storm wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:18 pm I was on Club Mom prior to CM.
No.
I actually like MC more than what CM gradually became. There’s more support and camaraderie.
Locked Previous topicNext topic