What initially brought you to CM?

Anonymous 5

Unread post

I had deleted my FB acct and was trying to not write on another support group as much (as I felt I was writing about the issues too much and wanted to see if I focus on something else that maybe I could heal faster...I think it worked! :) )
Anonymous 6

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:27 pm I was looking for a group of women in my same situation to talk with and get information. I googled "grandmothers raising grandchildren" and CM was the first one that popped up. WIthin a month or so I found Answers and enjoyed the banter (that's when most of us were actually kind nice and helpful to one another). Over the years Answers became a hotbed of bitches. I then found confessions and loved it from the start.
I like to keep my sarcasm sharp so I stay here
I joined in 2009. I remember Answers. It was always active then they did a redesign and all hell broke loose. I loved my private groups too. But Answers always had some great entertainment it was sad when it became a ghost town.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

THIS.

When I first stepped on CM, I was looking for help/advice. I knew that what was going on in my life was occupying too much space in my head. And I was spending too much time talking (mostly complaining!) to friends and family. I didn't want to be that person that was always the Debbie Downer. So, I brought my troubles here, worked through them, and now I'm back! I don't have any regrets about doing that. And I know I spared my family and friends a whole lot of annoying crying in their ears.

For me, not many of my family or friends had ever experienced what I was experiencing at the time. They really couldn't help me. So, why bother them with it? Here...These women have been through everything! From them, I learned what works and what doesn't work. :)

I'm glad that the site was able to help you to focus on something else, too! It sure did help me, too, to heal. I'm happy for you...because I know what it feels like to have finally gotten to a better place. :)

ETA: Coincidentally, I stopped using FB, too. And that helped me a lot, too!
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:12 pm I had deleted my FB acct and was trying to not write on another support group as much (as I felt I was writing about the issues too much and wanted to see if I focus on something else that maybe I could heal faster...I think it worked! :) )
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think I saw about it on MySpace. A friend said something about it or an advertisement. CM was better before the MC days. MC changed the place. I think if I had joined after MC and not before I probably wouldn’t have stayed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic