What initially brought you to CM?

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Friendship.. I was looking to meet moms in my area for play dates.

The shut down of CM brought me here. Everyone was scrambling to find a place and I found this one.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:24 pm I know it's not funny that members were total bit^&Es. But your response made me laugh. I have to say, though...When I reached out for help about step family stuff, I was clueless. Those very same women really clued me in! LOL But yes. Some of the "advice" was blatantly nasty. No need for that. It does certainly provide entertainment, though!
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:18 am Those bitches were total bitches when i asked for advice. So i got off.
Yeah he was really little at the time. I'd been a mom for like 2 years and was really struggling with him. It was years before his autism DX and i had no idea what was wrong. Instead of helping i got told i was a shitty mom.
12 years later though ive been through so much online words can't even begin to make me feel bad about myself
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:10 pm A MySpace ad back when I was pregnant in 08. I ended up losing the pregnancy but didn’t forget about the site and came back in 2010 when I got pregnant with my oldest. :) Back in the day I liked a few games and the live chats. I also liked how the profile pages were like MySpace. 😂
Myspace for me too. I joined in Jan 2008
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Oh. I know exactly how you feel. Even WITH the diagnosis, moms of kids with autism often get told they are a shitty parent. People just don't get it.

And there's nothing like being put through the ringer with a special needs child to help you to gain a THICK skin! People shouldn't mess with moms of special needs kids! :)
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:26 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:24 pm I know it's not funny that members were total bit^&Es. But your response made me laugh. I have to say, though...When I reached out for help about step family stuff, I was clueless. Those very same women really clued me in! LOL But yes. Some of the "advice" was blatantly nasty. No need for that. It does certainly provide entertainment, though!
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:18 am Those bitches were total bitches when i asked for advice. So i got off.
Yeah he was really little at the time. I'd been a mom for like 2 years and was really struggling with him. It was years before his autism DX and i had no idea what was wrong. Instead of helping i got told i was a shitty mom.
12 years later though ive been through so much online words can't even begin to make me feel bad about myself
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My son had a broken collarbone and was in LOADS of pain. I was searching all over the internet for some idea of why he was in so much pain and how long it would take for the bone to knit enough to relieve the pain. Stumbled upon CM. I stayed because it was like Dear Abby and Ann Landers, but interactive!
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Love the description "like Dear Abby and Ann Landers"...with a little bit of SNL thrown in!
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:08 pm My son had a broken collarbone and was in LOADS of pain. I was searching all over the internet for some idea of why he was in so much pain and how long it would take for the bone to knit enough to relieve the pain. Stumbled upon CM. I stayed because it was like Dear Abby and Ann Landers, but interactive!
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was searching for a local homeschool group online and CM had one. It turned out to be a ghost town but I ended up making a few great friends in other groups so that kept me around. When CM closed I joined all of the spinoff sites but this is the only one I really visit now. Most became ghost towns and the FB group is just not my cup of tea.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I was on another board, didnt care for it, found CM and stayed.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It was either because I wanted to connect with other moms while I was pregnant with my first or I was looking for an autism group.. One of those, but it was just the amusing posts that were on MC that kept me coming back.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I was looking for a group of women in my same situation to talk with and get information. I googled "grandmothers raising grandchildren" and CM was the first one that popped up. WIthin a month or so I found Answers and enjoyed the banter (that's when most of us were actually kind nice and helpful to one another). Over the years Answers became a hotbed of bitches. I then found confessions and loved it from the start.
I like to keep my sarcasm sharp so I stay here
Locked Previous topicNext topic