Hey dog owners need some suggestions on tough dog toys

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have a one year old Cane Corso cross American Bulldog who goes through toys like they are butter. We bought him a rope he destroyed it in under 30 minutes. The only toys that last are his Kong and gonught. But I really want something different as these are the same type. We are looking into the Bullymake box but not sure if these will be different

Anyone have a dog that destroys toys and if so do you have any recommendations
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My dog lost interest in the kong toys once she realized it couldn't be torn up, which means they obviously aren't any fun.

Mine tears up toys too, so I don't buy real dog toys. I just get her cheap used stuffed animals from goodwill. She hunts them for awhile and then tears them apart.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:28 pm My dog lost interest in the kong toys once she realized it couldn't be torn up, which means they obviously aren't any fun.

Mine tears up toys too, so I don't buy real dog toys. I just get her cheap used stuffed animals from goodwill. She hunts them for awhile and then tears them apart.
If I got him a stuffed animal it would not survive 10 minutes. He does not mind the Kong or gonught, but love a rope toy however I refuse to keep spending 20 on something that does not even last one day.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:37 pm
Smarties wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:28 pm My dog lost interest in the kong toys once she realized it couldn't be torn up, which means they obviously aren't any fun.

If I got him a stuffed animal it would not survive 10 minutes. He does not mind the Kong or gonught, but love a rope toy however I refuse to keep spending 20 on something that does not even last one day.

Rope toys never lasted for more than a half hour for me either. You're right, its senseless to buy them.

To be fair, when my pup was younger she didn't hunt the stuffies first. She went straight to shredding them. Now that she's older they last about a week. That took til she was about 13 to get to that point though, lol.

When she was younger I got a lot of those big knuckle bones for her to gnaw at and they lasted awhile. Or we tossed the ball outside but I never let her have that by herself to tear up.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:41 pm
highlandmum wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:37 pm

Rope toys never lasted for more than a half hour for me either. You're right, its senseless to buy them.

To be fair, when my pup was younger she didn't hunt the stuffies first. She went straight to shredding them. Now that she's older they last about a week. That took til she was about 13 to get to that point though, lol.

When she was younger I got a lot of those big knuckle bones for her to gnaw at and they lasted awhile. Or we tossed the ball outside but I never let her have that by herself to tear up.
He loves balls but like yours they are outside toys only. He has lacrosse balls he has never got through one of those yet but they can bounce. GoughNut are great but too much like a Kong however they do come with a amazing warranty. Just hoping for something different
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had a bulldog that could make quick work out of just about anything too. I would take old clothes and tie notes in them for her. She'd still make easy work of them but they were free and headed to the trash anyway. Just make sure you remove any buttons or zippers.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

beef bones are the only thing that makes an hour with my dog.
PurpleTurtle
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

We have a Great Pyrenees who destroys toys. The last plushie we tried giving him lasted all of two minutes before he ripped the head off. "Tough" my butt! Anyway, Kong Extreme and West Paw toys have held up pretty well for us. We started getting the Bullymake boxes quarterly and so far the toys have held up pretty well. He's managed to chew through a couple but it took a while and most are holding up. Elk antlers and water buffalo horns, too.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

PurpleTurtle wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:28 pm We have a Great Pyrenees who destroys toys. The last plushie we tried giving him lasted all of two minutes before he ripped the head off. "Tough" my butt! Anyway, Kong Extreme and West Paw toys have held up pretty well for us. We started getting the Bullymake boxes quarterly and so far the toys have held up pretty well. He's managed to chew through a couple but it took a while and most are holding up. Elk antlers and water buffalo horns, too.
How are the Bullymake boxes. I caved and got one, will either cancel or change to quarterly if it is any good. He had a West Paw toy that thing did not stand a chance. He is a strange dog he is not a huge fan of the horns never tried a antler however, he likes bully sticks but they last minutes.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I just give mine soccer balls. He does pop it immediately but them seem to last about a week with him playing with it. So then I just buy a new one.
Locked Previous topicNext topic