It isnt my job to pick my step kids up from school

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:38 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:35 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:19 pm You are now part of their village and should have no issues helping out when possible. I could never marry someone like you that feels kids aren't part of the deal. I feel really bad for the kids
Why should she take off work to pick up the sk when bio mom can do it. She should lose money because of bio mom?
It's her job as a parent.
If it is bio mom it is HER job as a parent. Not sm job. This is just another case of people thinking sm should bend over backwards for bio mom
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:19 pm You are now part of their village and should have no issues helping out when possible. I could never marry someone like you that feels kids aren't part of the deal. I feel really bad for the kids
Guess her and her dh aren't a team, but she says him and bm are.
It's sad that step parents treat their SK like this. If my hubby ever had this mentality towards my oldest I'd divorce him. But thankfully he had no issues being that extra person we both need.
Jskidmore1946
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:41 pm
It's sad that step parents treat their SK like this. If my hubby ever had this mentality towards my oldest I'd divorce him. But thankfully he had no issues being that extra person we both need.
She has been the extra person they need but they need to step up and handle their business. Its shouldnt fall on SM to continually miss work over the parents refusal to do their job.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:39 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Why should she take off work to pick up the sk when bio mom can do it. She should lose money because of bio mom?
If it is bio mom it is HER job as a parent. Not sm job. This is just another case of people thinking sm should bend over backwards for bio mom

stepMOM.... No one says she should bend over backwards but when she married her dh the kids came with that so it is part of the job she signed up for when she married a man with kids
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Jskidmore1946 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:42 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:41 pm

She has been the extra person they need but they need to step up and handle their business. Its shouldnt fall on SM to continually miss work over the parents refusal to do their job.
Constantly? I'm sure this doesn't happen as often as OP is trying to make it to. And i don't see her attitude as being a team player at all. 🤷
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'll never understand why women marry men with children and then think those children are just going to disappear when they get the ring on their finger.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:42 pm

stepMOM.... No one says she should bend over backwards but when she married her dh the kids came with that so it is part of the job she signed up for when she married a man with kids
Why should she miss work when their is not 1 but 2 others parents bio parents at that who are more than capable of doing it. It isn't solely sm job.
Jskidmore1946
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:42 pm

No ots not. She did not sign up to leave work just because ots more conveinent for biomom. If the kid is sick on Bio moms time then she needs to deal with it. If the kid is sick Biodad and stepmom need to work ot out for both of their conveinves. Stepparents are not infacto babysitters because their mom is too damn lazy to pick up her child
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You misunderstood my post. I never said my step kids aren't part of the deal. You don't need to feel bad for them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:30 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:47 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:25 pm

You should on your dh time with the kids.

Aren't you and dh a team?
I do take them and pick them up from school sometimes. Most of the time, DH does it. That isn't what this post is about.
If they're with their dad that week, it's up to you and him to figure it out since you are both a team.
Correct. That doesn't mean I have to figure things out on BMs time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic