It isnt my job to pick my step kids up from school

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:06 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:57 pm I never had problems taking Kiddo and Kidlet to school. Or picking them up for that matter. Maybe I'm just weird.
Taking them too and from school is different than leaving working in the middle of the day to take them to BM
You should on your dh time with the kids.

Aren't you and dh a team?
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

too many of you seem to live drama filled lives.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:25 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:57 pm I never had problems taking Kiddo and Kidlet to school. Or picking them up for that matter. Maybe I'm just weird.
Taking them too and from school is different than leaving working in the middle of the day to take them to BM

I do take them and pick them up from school sometimes. Most of the time DH does it. That isn't what this post is about.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:29 am
Anonymous 9 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:51 am Most women on here think step parent are ATM machines that are to bow down and do the bidding of the natural parents.
The children have parents already.
No one thinks that. I know a lot of women who think the new wife, girlfriend, bed buddy, need to back off and not pretend to be anything to children who aren't theirs just because they are sleeping with the children's dad.
Slow your role there. I was my step kids mother. Bio mom signed away her rights. Wanted nothing to do with them and came straight out and told my bonus daughter she was disowning her.
So shove it.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

You are now part of their village and should have no issues helping out when possible. I could never marry someone like you that feels kids aren't part of the deal. I feel really bad for the kids
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:47 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:25 pm

I do take them and pick them up from school sometimes. Most of the time, DH does it. That isn't what this post is about.
If they're with their dad that week, it's up to you and him to figure it out since you are both a team.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:19 pm You are now part of their village and should have no issues helping out when possible. I could never marry someone like you that feels kids aren't part of the deal. I feel really bad for the kids
Why should she take off work to pick up the sk when bio mom can do it. She should lose money because of bio mom?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:19 pm You are now part of their village and should have no issues helping out when possible. I could never marry someone like you that feels kids aren't part of the deal. I feel really bad for the kids
Guess her and her dh aren't a team, but she says him and bm are.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:35 pm
Why should she take off work to pick up the sk when bio mom can do it. She should lose money because of bio mom?
It's her job as a parent.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:35 pm
I said when possible 🤦. But i also would never make the kids feel like they are a burden by not going to get them even if it was inconvenient. This can't possibly happen that much that she would be losing massive amounts of money. Imo it's everyone's job to take care of the kids no matter what. You don't have to agree with me though and that's ok.
Locked Previous topicNext topic