Spin off- did you give birth naturally, or did you need medical intervention?

?

I needed medical intervention
54%
I didn’t need intervention, but I chose it
7%
I gave birth naturally
39%

Total votes: 54
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

[*]
bmw29 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:35 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:17 pm I had back labor and contractions that started and stayed at 1 minute apart. Of course, I had an epidural. What sane woman wouldn't?
Me, I also had back labor and while it didn't start at one minute apart it did start 2 days before I actually gave birth. I chose to not get any pain meds.
I delivered 3 completely naturally because I was terrified of having a needle stuck into my spinal fluid. With my 4th she turned so her shoulders were facing front to back and I was losing consciousness during contractions. The doctor finally convinced me to have an epidural because she had to try and manually nudge her into position. Holy crap! If I had known that labour could be that pleasant I would have had one with all of them. Choosing to have an epidural doesn't make a person less of a woman - you just grew a small human in your body in less than a year - that's pretty amazing all on it's own. Choosing to go all natural doesn't make you insane, just stubborn, lol.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:45 pm [*]
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:17 pm I had back labor and contractions that started and stayed at 1 minute apart. Of course, I had an epidural. What sane woman wouldn't?
Me, I also had back labor and while it didn't start at one minute apart it did start 2 days before I actually gave birth. I chose to not get any pain meds.
I delivered 3 completely naturally because I was terrified of having a needle stuck into my spinal fluid. With my 4th she turned so her shoulders were facing front to back and I was losing consciousness during contractions. The doctor finally convinced me to have an epidural because she had to try and manually nudge her into position. Holy crap! If I had known that labour could be that pleasant I would have had one with all of them. Choosing to have an epidural doesn't make a person less of a woman - you just grew a small human in your body in less than a year - that's pretty amazing all on it's own. Choosing to go all natural doesn't make you insane, just stubborn, lol.
Different people have different reasons. I went natural because dd was a vbac and I had done enough research to know that by going natural not only were my chances of success better but if anything started to go wrong I was more likely to feel it and get necessary medical help earlier. In case of a hemorrhage that can be life saving.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It seems to be better for the baby when the mother goes unmedicated.

I’m not saying that to pat myself on the back or anything because neither of my births went unmedicated, but it has been studied and those studies show that the baby does better when the mother didn’t get an epidural.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I definitely didn't imply that an epidural made anyone less of anything. Frankly I don't care how anyone chooses to go about the birthing process. I hope everyone comes through with a healthy baby and they are also healthy afterwards. I just wouldn't opt for an epidural myself unless there was absolutely no other choice in the matter. I have enough back problems as it is and even if the chance of a complication is slight I still chose to avoid it.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Emergency C section
Locked Previous topicNext topic