Women Are Losing the Capacity to Give Birth

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:01 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:54 pm So, we should just let women and babies die from childbirth, so they won't pass on their faulty genes...
No. The article specifically states that while there are medical emergencies related to childbirth where medical intervention is needed, we should stop using pitocin as a labor starter when it is not medically needed.
Do you not understand how evolution works? Simply using pitocin does not change your DNA. The only way that medical intervention during childbirth could be changing our DNA and causing us to evolve to no longer be able to naturally give birth is if it is allowing women who would otherwise not be able to successfully give birth the ability to do so, as in the women who need emergency medical procedures in order for them or their baby to survive. If a woman is able to give birth without pitocin, using pitocin will not change her DNA and cause her to pass on some gene that would cause her children to be unable to successfully give live birth.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My body goes into labor naturally but I have issues during delivery. Issues derived from the fact that if I did not get medical intervention as a child, I would be dead
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:48 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:40 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:33 pm

It’s being used as a noun to describe the message oxytocin “teaches” our body :a lesson, especially one concerning what is right or prudent, that can be derived from a story, a piece of information, or an experience.
No the word is certainly being used to cause an emotional reaction in the reader. If the writer was being factual he or she would say oxytocin strengthens or produces contractions during labor. It teaches nothing because it's a chemical and nothing more. But the writer said "moral". She or he is not objective so they've lost my interest.
It does actually teach our bodies how to respond to future situations and alters our genetics to favor the response.
Those genetics get passed on to offspring and those offspring are more likely to react the same way.
Look I tried. And I can't even. This isn't an objective article when it starts using the terms love hormone or moral molecule It even implied women have traumatic birth stories because there isn't oxytocin released in a c- section. First of all yes there is oxytocin, moron, (meaning the author) if the mom has started labor but can't deliver the baby because it's breech or whatever. Secondly a c- section by it's very nature can be traumatic. Any surgery is. The author offers no studies, statistics, or proof of anything. That's probably because there isn't any. This belongs in The Onion as satire.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:12 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:06 pm

No. The article specifically states that while there are medical emergencies related to childbirth where medical intervention is needed, we should stop using pitocin as a labor starter when it is not medically needed.

Where did you get your medical degree?
Dr. Odent got his medical degree at the University of Paris and has been a leading obstetrician for the last 50 years.

Or were you suggesting that I needed a medical degree to discuss the article?

I'm suggesting that it's something best discussed between women and their doctors. None of us here ,as far as I know, have the medical expertise to agree with or refute things stated in the article.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So a woman on a biased mothering blog wrote an article based on taking a Male FRENCH Dr.'s comments out of context about the rise in medically initiated births and we are supposed to take it at face value that women are losing the ability to give birth?!?!? Are you trolling me right now, because this seems like a troll and a bad one at that. Please stop reproducing, we don't need to add to the collective stupidity of the population. Thanks.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:14 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:54 pm So, we should just let women and babies die from childbirth, so they won't pass on their faulty genes...
Do you not understand how evolution works? Simply using pitocin does not change your DNA. The only way that medical intervention during childbirth could be changing our DNA and causing us to evolve to no longer be able to naturally give birth is if it is allowing women who would otherwise not be able to successfully give birth the ability to do so, as in the women who need emergency medical procedures in order for them or their baby to survive. If a woman is able to give birth without pitocin, using pitocin will not change her DNA and cause her to pass on some gene that would cause her children to be unable to successfully give live birth.
Everything you go through can alter your DNA. Whether it’s childbirth, illnesses, traumatic or exciting experiences, all of it can alter your epigenetics.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:20 pm So a woman on a biased mothering blog wrote an article based on taking a Male FRENCH Dr.'s comments out of context about the rise in medically initiated births and we are supposed to take it at face value that women are losing the ability to give birth?!?!? Are you trolling me right now, because this seems like a troll and a bad one at that. Please stop reproducing, we don't need to add to the collective stupidity of the population. Thanks.
Stop .

Move on to a different post if you don’t like this one.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:25 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:20 pm So a woman on a biased mothering blog wrote an article based on taking a Male FRENCH Dr.'s comments out of context about the rise in medically initiated births and we are supposed to take it at face value that women are losing the ability to give birth?!?!? Are you trolling me right now, because this seems like a troll and a bad one at that. Please stop reproducing, we don't need to add to the collective stupidity of the population. Thanks.
Stop .

Move on to a different post if you don’t like this one.
What are you the post police? You made a public post which invites public speculation and opinion. If you don't like that then don't F***ing post. This is what I mean by adding to the collective stupidity. If you can't handle disagreeing opinions you're part of the collectively stupid.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Everything you go through can alter your DNA. Whether it’s childbirth, illnesses, traumatic or exciting experiences, all of it can alter your epigenetics.
That is not how that works...
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:23 pm

No
Locked Previous topicNext topic