oops..error error
DIVORCE
better now
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Jskidmore1946 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:16 pm
Anonymous 9 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:54 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:54 pm
We have a little over $100k in savings and investments, and we were approved for up to a $700k purchase price outside of this county. What's special about this county's program is not just that we're approved for a higher purchase price, but that there's no PMI, the interest rates are below market rate, and we qualified for a grant to cover part of closing costs. I'm not talking about buying a home that's at the top of what we qualify for. Just a home that's $750k or less. I'm calculating into the cost that we also save an additional 1% of the purchase price every year for maintenance and repairs. With our apartment, we've had to deal with a lot of stuff. You'd call me a troll if I posted all of it here. But, suffice it to say that we have to do most repairs and maintenance that are the paint in, because it's difficult to get the company to address issues. Yes, taxes go up. But in the years we've lived here, our rent's gone up by $2500 a month. So, rent goes up too. We're in a good spot for our jobs. Even if there's layoffs, we get severance and new jobs right away. I share custody with my ex, so relocation isn't a possibility for me.
Again, you have no idea what the future holds and read this carefully - He Does Not Want This. Not everyone wants to buy a house and spend the tons of money that goes along with that. Frankly, it's not very smart to buy a house that is over half a million dollars especially when you have to have a grant program to even get the mortgage because of everything I listed and the future is anything but certain. It sounds like your husband isn't willing to have such an insanely expensive house. That's intelligent, what you're doing is not. Keep pushing it though. You'll likely end up divorced and living in the house you just had to have by yourself.
No she will be living in dump of an apartment because she wont be able to pay for the house after he leaves
After she's evicted anyway. She won't let go of this obsession easily.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:43 pm

I think he is having an affair.
I think he's had enough of his wife being obsessed with the notion of home ownership to the point she won't listen to him or financial reason. I can't believe so many are jumping on the stupid idea of an affair. Not everyone wants a house.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:55 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:51 pm
iamanon wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:48 pmDivore
BJ go back under your bridge
oops..error error
DIVORCE
better now
Not getting any attention in your new forum?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

What new forum?
Anonymous 13 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:56 am
Anonymous 10 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:51 pm

BJ go back under your bridge
oops..error error
DIVORCE
better now
Anonymous 5

Unread post

It can be tough when one spouse wants one thing and the other wants another.

If finances positively do appear to be capable of handling a mortgage, you and your DH need to have a conversation about how both your needs/wants can be accommodated. If you absolutely can't reach an agreement about big things like this, I might be entertaining the idea of hitting the road.

I'm not saying that there's never a reason to just rent. But if one wants to own, the other doesn't want to own, the budget can afford the purchase, he'd need to be making a VERY STRONG CASE for not buying. If he's digging his heals in, there may be a very good reason to NOT make the purchase, too. You two just need to talk.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:58 am What new forum?
Anonymous 13 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:56 am

oops..error error
DIVORCE
better now
Ask her or figure it out yourself.
Locked Previous topicNext topic