Parking ticket

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was on a college campus today that I will probably never be at again (no, not because its a bad school). Anyway, as we were leaving a piece of paper flew off my windshield that I hadn't noticed when I got back in the car. It didn't look like an advertisement. Maybe it was a parking ticket? But I didn't see it well enough to know for sure. And I dont think I parked in the wrong spot, but I've never been to the campus before so I guess its possible. But I parked in the place I was told to park by the lady in the office.

So now I'm wondering if it really was a ticket. What can they do? Is license plate information tied to the owner of the car in a way that is public information they can access? What happens if it was a ticket and I don't pay it?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Call the school security office and ask. They can tell you if there is a ticket out for your plate.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:07 pm I was on a college campus today that I will probably never be at again (no, not because its a bad school). Anyway, as we were leaving a piece of paper flew off my windshield that I hadn't noticed when I got back in the car. It didn't look like an advertisement. Maybe it was a parking ticket? But I didn't see it well enough to know for sure. And I dont think I parked in the wrong spot, but I've never been to the campus before so I guess its possible. But I parked in the place I was told to park by the lady in the office.

So now I'm wondering if it really was a ticket. What can they do? Is license plate information tied to the owner of the car in a way that is public information they can access? What happens if it was a ticket and I don't pay it?
If it was a ticket, they will probably be able to find you. My dad got a parking ticket in a rental car a few years ago when he was out of state on business. He ignored it at the time, but they eventually tracked him down through the rental company, found out his name and address, and mailed him another ticket.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It is tied to the owner of the car. In Michigan anyway. Well my city. DH got one today and my name is on it. :/ I’d call the college then the city. If it really was a ticket you don’t want to let that go. It shouldn’t affect your insurance rates though. I think they can suspend your license if you let it go long enough. If it’s just from some rent-a-cop at the college I really wouldn’t give a shit, lol.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:07 pm I was on a college campus today that I will probably never be at again (no, not because its a bad school). Anyway, as we were leaving a piece of paper flew off my windshield that I hadn't noticed when I got back in the car. It didn't look like an advertisement. Maybe it was a parking ticket? But I didn't see it well enough to know for sure. And I dont think I parked in the wrong spot, but I've never been to the campus before so I guess its possible. But I parked in the place I was told to park by the lady in the office.

If it was a parking ticket and you dont pay it then sooner or later if you get enough tickets then a boot will be placed on a tire and you have to pay all of the tickets at once plus a fee.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

We can get tickets at the hospital, but they aren’t fined. You just lose your parking privileges if you get three working a year or something like that. Maybe it was something like that?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

It is tied to the owner of the car. I know this because I just received a $70 parking ticket in the mail for the car my daughter drives that is registered to me.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

On my university campus, if you never intend on visiting again, or having a child enrolled, then nothing will happen and they won't care.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

It may or may not have been a ticket. If I were you, I'd just call the college campus security and ask. And then, when they tell you that it was a ticket, tell them that you were told to park there.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:55 pm It is tied to the owner of the car. I know this because I just received a $70 parking ticket in the mail for the car my daughter drives that is registered to me.
This I'm obsessed with the show parking wars and Caught in providence. It will show up in your mail if it was a ticket.
Locked Previous topicNext topic