I am not paying BM child support

Anonymous 6

Unread post

In this job market, there is no excuse for him being unemployed. He needs to get off his butt and get to work.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If they have joint custody, I assume that’s what you mean by equal custody, then why is he paying child support in the first place?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

You sound bitter. How long has he went with a job
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I don't think that with 50-50 custody anyone should have to pay support.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 am If they have joint custody, I assume that’s what you mean by equal custody, then why is he paying child support in the first place?
The courts still will order CS to try to make both home equal in the case of income discrepancy. It’s child focused
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I don’t think that anyone should have to pay child support if the time is equal or if the parent paying the support actually has more time.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 am
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 am If they have joint custody, I assume that’s what you mean by equal custody, then why is he paying child support in the first place?
The courts still will order CS to try to make both home equal in the case of income discrepancy. It’s child focused
BMs boyfriend makes more money than we do by far. So that doesn't really make sense in our situation.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:05 am In this job market, there is no excuse for him being unemployed. He needs to get off his butt and get to work.
The job market is not great where we live.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It was ordered through the court.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:02 pm
Bubbs wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:00 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:57 pm

Her boyfriend pays all the bills. She brags about it all the time. She doesn't even buy the kids clothes or hair cuts or anything like that.
She's probably not putting all of the money into the bank. If they live together, it is all considered household money.
The court doesn't ask for a record of what child support is spent on, he shouldn't just not pay for his children, because you view one parent as not doing their part. Then where would the kids be?
I know the court doesn't ask what it is spent on but they should to at least make sure the money is going towards the kids. He is still paying it. If he stopped paying child support the kids would have the same life because we would still be paying for everything for them anyway.
That dont ask because what in my case gets spent on the kids far exceeds what the cs order is and itd be really dumb if the court complained that hey she paid for stuff for her outta this money when that money comes every 2 weeks inbetween bills and such and the kids get everything they need food clothes toys etc without using his 200 dollars a month on specifically them every month
Locked Previous topicNext topic